The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Ranchero Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ranchero 1972 advice needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ranchero 1972 advice needed
    Posted: 15-June-2014 at 10:29AM
Hi everybody,

I am completely new with classic cars and new at this forum. Big smile

I am currently looking to buy a 1972 Ranchero. They are so hard very hard to find as I live in Germany. So I would appreciate your advice.

Could you give me some advice and your opinion about this 1972 460 cui Ranchero:

http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/ford-andere-ranchero-gt-big-block-460-7-5l-v8-amsterdam/193671776.html?lang=de&pageNumber=1&__lp=2&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=creationTime&sortOption.sortOrder=DESCENDING&makeModelVariant1.modelDescription=ranchero&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&negativeFeatures=EXPORT

Anything that I should look in detail when I take a look at the car? How about this engine and the transmission? Is that a good choice?

Thanks,
Daniel
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2014 at 5:48PM
check the usual areas for any rust or poor quality repair of rusted spots, like floor pans, around the wheel wells, cowl inside below the windshield, lower corners of the doors, lower parts of the fenders,  nice looking car in the pics! good luck!
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2014 at 6:40PM
If it truely has a 460 in it, the engine's not stock.
Griffin
1973 Gran Torino station wagon
1972 Gran Torino 4 Door
1971 Maverick 2 Door
DanielDE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2014 at 1:04AM
Thanks for your help. As the engine is not stock, I might get some trouble with the registration in Germany. Won't be a problem if I just like to drive it. But I like to register it as a classic car. It would even need matching numbers for the transmassion, axles, body and so on (if they have numbers) Dead

So how about this one:

http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/ford-andere-ranchero-gran-torino-schnautze-v8-kein-el-camino-wagh%C3%A4usel/193226325.html?lang=de&pageNumber=2&__lp=2&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=price.consumerGrossEuro&makeModelVariant1.modelDescription=ranchero&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&negativeFeatures=EXPORT

It is a 5.8. How much power does it have? What muffler is this? Actually I don't like the rims...

Thanks,
Daniel
bdaugette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdaugette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2014 at 1:36AM
The 5.8 is a 351, probably a Cleveland.  Get the Vin number and go to this link:

http://grantorinosport.org/resourcesvin.htm  

According to the add, the car was recently rebuilt with lots of new parts, including intake and carburetor.  

Good Luck.

Bill Daugette
72 GTS 351C 4V
newmexguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmexguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-September-2014 at 1:36PM
theres more of those over there then one might think!!
 Post Reply Post Reply