The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1970-1971 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

S

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69GT472 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: S
    Posted: 22-July-2007 at 3:42AM

Hi Folks. I feel strongly compelled to warn my fellow Ford enthusiasts about some bad dealings I have had with Sunman Ford, a Ford-only salvage yard in Seminole, Oklahoma

My first lesson learned: Check with the Better Business Bureau FIRST!! If I had, it would have saved me 13 months of aggravation. When I did (too late) check with them, Sunman had 4 or 5 complaints against them. Today, over a year later, they have 13 complaints. Thats 13 complaints in 36 months!!

I did an internet search for rust-free parts for my '69 Torino GT. Sunman came up with a nice website, lots of pictures. I emailed them with my needs, and they instantly sent back pictures and their price. I emailed back and forth to confirm that the parts were indeed in excellent shape and rust free, which they confimed. I sent a money order.

Many months went by, and they stopped answering the phone or replying to emails. Several months after my parts were due, I reached them by phone. Cynthia Arrington (the listed owner) said they were having problems hiring people to pull the needed parts.

Many more weeks went by. My calls and emails went unanswered.
Sunman finally emails me a UPS Bill of Lading for my parts, all filled out. HOORAY, I thought.
Weeks go by, no parts.....
I FINALLY reach them again. My parts haven't left yet.
Weeks go by....
Finally, they arrive. One quick look at them is enough. The radiator saddle is rusty enough to stick my fingers thru both sides.
After MANY,MANY phone calls and emails (including pictures to show them the holes in what they sent!) they say they'll look into a replacement.
Weeks go by...

I finally reach them again, and they say they do not have anything available, and offer a "patch". ON A STRUCTURAL PART !!!!
Weeks go by as we negotiate how to settle the deal. Finally we agree that I'll send back the saddle and keep the shock tower and apron (they were O.K.). They agree to refund the difference. I sent back the saddle.
2006 becomes 2007, still waiting for refund.

Out of the blue, Pay-Pal emails me to say Sunman has issued my refund. Except I didn't pay with Pay-Pal, and don't have an account. I contacted Ms. Arrington, and she apologized for the mix-up and promised to send a money order the next day. That was a month ago. My calls and emails have gone unanswered.
I have reached the limit of my patience after 13 months, and felt that I should share this with others as a warning to be carefull when dealing with unknown sellers. Please check with the BBB before doing business!!
This narrative was shortened for readability, and excludes some of the more contentious moments between myself and Ms. Arrington (and the threatened presence of her legal counsel).
I would be happy to fill in any gaps I left, answer any questions, or hear about any similar stories you may have.

Post Reply Post Reply