The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1977-1979 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LTD II Headers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LTD II Headers
    Posted: 11-December-2003 at 4:42AM
I own a 78 LTD II with a 302 and a C4, and I have looked everywhere for a set of headers for it and found nothing. If anyone has any information on something that would work with it I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
JimW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-December-2003 at 8:19PM

I'd bet you could use the 351W headers in your application... You could check with Hooker or Hedman, but the only difference is a little deck height..  Also, to be perfectly honest, I'd bet you could even use Mustang Shorty headers in a pinch with how much room you have under the hood..

Jim

novaderrik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote novaderrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-December-2003 at 2:49PM
1978 LTD II "S" complete with red over white "Starsky and Hutch" factoy paint. 460/C6 where 351W/C4 used to be
JimW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2003 at 1:58AM

Be careful with those as they seem to somewhat contradict themselves.. (listing all from 66-73) There was a big difference between a 66 fairlane and a 73, not the least being that the 73 was a full frame car, and the 66 was (I believe) a unibody.  On the other hand, it appears Hedman, Hooker and JC Whitney all seem to group those cars, so, if it fits a '73, it should fit yours..  What are you looking to do with the car?

Jim

ponyman89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ponyman89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2003 at 7:44AM

I have not tried yet but I am installing a set of factory 87-93 mustang shorty headers in my 79 tbird there is a tonne of room in there and the headers will fit around an aod tranny on a stang and the c 4 is a narrower tranny it's a cheap swap outand the factory shorties from those years work well even up too 300 hp, I don't know about the H pipe off a stang but I will be using similar to that design as the H helps out the power and there is alot of room under your car to put one

1979 thunderbird 302,c4
1974 ranchero 400,c6
 Post Reply Post Reply