The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > General Automotive Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sea foam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73torino gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sea foam
    Posted: 26-August-2014 at 11:44AM
Anyone put sea foam in their rides when they store it for the winter?
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2014 at 12:30PM
i've never used it, but my step brother puts some in while he's driving it. but for storage??? i've used  sta-bil for storage seems to work good. but i'd only keep the bare minimum of gas in there and add the sta-bil, then when you go to drive it add fresh gas! seems like the gas now days is getting to be poor quality just like everything else Confused
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
smhj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smhj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2014 at 12:34PM
I thought it was just for boats.
73MONTEGO
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2014 at 1:04PM
72 GT Ute

bata747-8 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Honorary Spam Bot / Zombie Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bata747-8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2014 at 2:13PM
Used on on my boat in spring after running out the bad gas (didn't winterized yes I know that was stupid). Run the tank below 1/8, fill with fuel and sea foam, and it was running like a top after a few more trips across the lake.

It is my intention to use it for storage this fall with the boat also. It is for use in four stroke motors also, including auto use.

Based on what I found researching and my limited experience so far, I would recommend it.
Forum Test Account

(formerly a spam bot account)
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2014 at 2:58PM
I have used it as a fuel system cleaner, in the tank and down the carb.  Seems to work okay.  It actually has worked wonders on some of my small engines that don't like the E-10 fuels we have here.  I run premium in my Torino though, which is ethanol free for the most part in my area.

For storage, I have always uses Sta-bil and a full tank of gas.  The full tank prevents condensation.  No issues with bad gas after storage for me.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
Ranchero Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranchero Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2014 at 3:50PM
Small lawn & garden equip. that I had running problems with from improper storage I have used it on, seems  to get them running right, without having to major tear down on the carb 8/10 times. I was on a kick of finding discarded mowers & such, till I ran out of room & time to mess with them anymore. Recently my Ranchero started acting up with fuel issues,  & I didn't have any on hand, so I bought a rebuilt carb & changed my fuel pump(was bad, carb needed a rebuild for the 2nd time anyway.) I haven't used it as a storage treatment, so I can't review, But I did buy their Trans-Tune & will comment on it once I get the Ranchero back from storage. That has to be done with a flush. No drive and go using it.
Brian   1973 Ford Ranchero Big Block. ''THE OTHER WOMAN''
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2014 at 4:08PM
We use Sea Foam twice a year in all our EFI engines, Lucas every other tank, and Sta-Bil in everything before storage - cars, trucks, mowers, chipper, chain saws, weedeaters, boat, etc. Run the small engines with the Sta-Bil for a few minutes (to get it throughout the system), then drain the tanks for the winter.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
 Post Reply Post Reply