The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1977-1979 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trunk finishes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lscya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trunk finishes
    Posted: 28-August-2014 at 1:26AM
Just got a 78 LTD II with Sport Touring pkg.  Doing some ocd detailing.  Should the inside of the trunk be painted body color or are they finished in some type of splatter paint?  It has been repainted and there is quite a bit of overspray in the trunk area.  
Thanks!
fordpower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-August-2014 at 11:11AM
Same color except for undercoat on inner fenders if done.If like me you will wonder why no chrome strip covering up those ugly clips that cut like hell when cleaning.
Mark S. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-August-2014 at 11:52AM
Body color with an undercoating on the inside of the quarter panel wells that fades out as it goes up the inside of the q.p. No undercoating on the trunk floor. All the various trunk boards are available; I bought a set once but forget the name of the place. Maybe White Resto? Somebody on here ordered them first and they'll know. If you're interested.

Mark
1977 Ltd II "Eltee"
1984 Mustang ragtop
2004 Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition
71 Torino GT 429CJ (sold too many years ago to count...)
lscya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lscya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-August-2014 at 12:56PM
Thanks!  That's on my list to tackle tomorrow.  Whoo hoo!  Holiday weekend means time to work on the car!
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-August-2014 at 3:59PM
Originally posted by lscya lscya wrote:

Thanks!  That's on my list to tackle tomorrow.  Whoo hoo!  Holiday weekend means time to work on the car!
Wink yep! i know what you mean, i think we need more holidays Thumbs Up
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
lscya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lscya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-September-2014 at 1:37PM
Is there a trick to getting the gauge package out far enough to disconnect the speedo?  Can only scooch out about 1/4 of an inch.  Can't get a finger back there to move the connector.  Yeah I have moved from the trunk to the interior now.  Need to replace bulbs and touch up the orange on the needles.  Whee!  Living on the edge.
Ranchero Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranchero Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-September-2014 at 2:39PM
Maybe easier from the top, a few more screws to remove and lift the pad. That's how I've done some of them.
Brian   1973 Ford Ranchero Big Block. ''THE OTHER WOMAN''
 Post Reply Post Reply