The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Powertrain Specific Forum > 335 Series Engine Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

351c 2V headers on 4V heads

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 351c 2V headers on 4V heads
    Posted: 04-September-2014 at 9:12AM
I had a little problem with my 4V manifolds today.  The shop that I had pull the studs out broke 2 of them off in the manifold.  1 in each manifold.  They were really rusty, so I don't blame them.  They want $100 to drill and tap them.  I have a really nice new pair of ceramic coated FPA headers for this application.  Unfortunately they are for 2V heads. I was trying to sell them, but now I'm wondering if I should just use them.  Has anybody run 2V headers on 4V heads.  I held 4V gaskets up to the headers and they should seal.  If you did was there any weird problems with doing that.
Tom
1972 Gran Torino Sport 4Spd
1974 Montego wagon "GT" with GT hood, correct buckets
seats, console, and floor shift
2013 Focus 5 speed- Daily driver
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-September-2014 at 10:53AM
2V headers are probably better than 4v manifolds overall, the mismatch at the flange would be a significant issue in a Max Effort application but on a driver I doubt you'd ever notice

do you have a welder? can you get the tip/nozzle on the broken off bolts from underneath?

I have good luck adding material to the broken end until I can get a grip or pliers on it, the heat from the welding goes into the stub & it'll turn out. sometimes it takes a couple tries or more but hey what else ya gonna do... and it works eventually

now that I think about it, my first Torino & first Cleveland I did run 2V manifolds on 4V heads when I first swapped the heads on & before I got headers. it ran great like that
72 GT Ute

75GranMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75GranMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-September-2014 at 1:14PM
I have set of 73 351CJ 4V manifolds that I would part with. I wish I had known you were trying to sell the FPA's. I had purchased a set for my aussie heads!
John 75Gran Torino 4spd
Tighten it down until it snaps and then back it off a half turn!
 Post Reply Post Reply