The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1970-1971 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1970 Torino dashpads

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lohman78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1970 Torino dashpads
    Posted: 16-October-2014 at 10:23AM
I know that I have previously viewed a conversation on this site about someone who was offering refinished/refurbished dash pads for about $300.  If I remember correctly, you needed to send him the existing frame (due to the lack of available new frames), and he would then supply you with another dash pad that he had refurbished.  I just bought a 1970 GT that is going to need, among other things, a new dash pad.  As dash pads are a commonly needed item, does anybody have any idea how how I can find the most affordable quality product? (I have tried the "search" function without much success)  Thanks in advance for your insight...
82stangracer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82stangracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-October-2014 at 8:56PM
Bump.... I'd like to know this too. I need one for my '71.
Chris
carguy47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carguy47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2014 at 8:53AM
I saw a guy here in AZ at a swap meet that was doing this very thing.

Coincidentally, the swap meet is this weekend. I will see if he is there and get the contact info and post.
You have to build em to drive em!
oleycoach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote oleycoach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-February-2015 at 3:44PM
Haven't checked into the forum in a while. Are you still looking for the dashpad?  I can get you the info if still needed. I got one and it looks great.
Lohman78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lohman78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-March-2015 at 2:51AM
Yes, I am still in search of the elusive dash pad. I would greatly appreciate any assistance that you could lend. 
Sandman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-March-2015 at 1:57PM
Word of warning for anyone looking for this service. If you are dealing with Alan Foxx from El Paso Texas (Dashmasters) proceed with caution. Look up the name on the web and you will get some very negative reviews. He is well known in the Mopar world for being difficult to deal with and overpromising while under delivering. He does a lot of car shows in the southwest.

Edited by Sandman - 01-March-2015 at 2:02PM
Lohman78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lohman78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-March-2015 at 2:38PM
Looks like it might be time to just cough up the steep price that they are asking for via Dearbornclassics. At least the company will stand behind their product.
Sandman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-March-2015 at 5:59PM
He also sells on ebay under the name 4thepool. The problem seems to be when he takes an order and credit card payment from the buyer and promises to have it done in 2 weeks and then it takes much, much longer and does not return calls in a timely manner. If he has one on display at the booth and you can buy it then and there, that would be the best way. 
oleycoach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oleycoach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2015 at 1:55PM
Got mine from Alan Fox ElPaso, Tx and it is perfect. Had to send him the "core" first.  Took a few weeks and I got a green colored pad back that looks great.  Maybe I go lucky, but I'm happy.
Oleycoach
 Post Reply Post Reply