The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > The Welcome Mat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Kid in town (not really)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kychevyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2014 at 2:24AM
Sounding like a great project, probably too ambitious for my blood. I think we all at one point or another have come across a car that we fall in love with and upon further investigation, we realize we have to walk away from it with a tiny tear in our eye knowing in our mind that it was simply too far gone. Now, I'm not saying this is the same with you here. I'm just saying to be careful and realistic in hunting for your project. Only you know what you can handle and what might be over your head. This sounds like a great project and I for one, am very much looking forward to your project thread. 
Also, don't worry about you being new to FoMoCo. Several of us on here (hence my screen name) are also into other makes. Each manufacturer has their own idiosyncrasies and we can walk you through any Ford specific issues you run across (like GM vs Ford engine cylinder numbering.) There are some guys on here that will only drive Fords and hate GM products. But they don't hate the people who drive them (but be prepared for some light ribbing, lol.) Personally, my current project is an old Ford truck. The love of my life that sits in my driveway is a Chevy truck and my daily driver is a Dodge truck or a Victory motorcycle.  Somehow they put up with me...lol
Keep posting your progress and when you get your car, start a project thread with lots of pics. Keep the wheels down, the rubber burning, and the gas flowing.Big smile
JT, USAF Ret./Architect
1971 Ford F100 "Lizzy"
1971 Cougar XR7 "Kitty"
1984 Chevy Silverado "Sylvia"
2009 Smart Fortwo Cabrio "Lil Dude"
2015 Volvo XC60 R-Design "Sven"
MonteCobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonteCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2014 at 3:13AM
Thanks man

Yeah its ambitious but im have a pretty decent plan,

i bought the shell so far.

cut the front end off, engine, steering and all

next step is to brace it and lift it and stick it on a truck frame with a similar wheelbase

californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2014 at 3:41AM
wow! not much left of that poor car. start a build thread, keep us updated!
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
kychevyguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kychevyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2014 at 6:09AM
All lost souls need savingEmbarrassed
JT, USAF Ret./Architect
1971 Ford F100 "Lizzy"
1971 Cougar XR7 "Kitty"
1984 Chevy Silverado "Sylvia"
2009 Smart Fortwo Cabrio "Lil Dude"
2015 Volvo XC60 R-Design "Sven"
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2014 at 10:29AM
In picture 3, you can see a rust hole in the differential while looking thru the hole that used to be the trunk floor...WOW!
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonteCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2014 at 11:19AM
Originally posted by Big Bird Big Bird wrote:

In picture 3, you can see a rust hole in the differential while looking thru the hole that used to be the trunk floor...WOW!

Ya know? When i saw that i was thinking.... Damn...

anyway what kind of axle was that? a 9" or 8"?
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-November-2014 at 3:16AM
Same here. Those are built with thick steel, so ...WOW.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-November-2014 at 4:01AM
Originally posted by MonteCobra MonteCobra wrote:

[QUOTE=Big Bird]

It may have been Power by FORD, but it was eaten up by MOTHER Earth! Dead

Edited by gpd294 - 04-November-2014 at 4:02AM
Carlos....1975 Gran Torino Squire Station Wagon restored to look like a 1973 Torino Station

Wagon my Dad bought new from McAnary Ford on June 6, 1973 in Gary,Indiana
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-November-2014 at 8:39AM
I love your ambition!
I will cheer you on from the sidelines/peanut gallery but DAMN that thing is WAY FAR GONE!
even getting it free it would cost you a whole lot more to repair it than if you spent a little money on a more decent starter car.

Carl Corey (Moderator/Event Coordinator) Contact ANYTIME!
1976 Ford Elite "Lola Mae"
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonteCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-November-2014 at 10:41AM
Yeah, like i mentioned earlier its going to be a tribute to the mad max XB falcon from the "Road warrior" so its perfect, im currently looking for a truck frame to stick it on

Found some fenders and doors for it, off of 5 other torinos in the yard, 2 4 door sedans and 3 hardtops,

One of the junkyard owners came by... i couldn't tell if he was impressed or stunned out of confusion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12