The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1977-1979 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LTD II sail panel emblems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lscya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LTD II sail panel emblems
    Posted: 27-October-2014 at 1:33PM
The previous owner of my LTD II Sport was so brilliant that he removed the "II" emblems from the sail panels.  Can't find any replacement stripes/emblems and thought I'd hit up my local Fast Signs for a reproduction.  

Here's what I need.  Would/could one of the members with a sport touring package measure the size of the II ?  I'm pretty sure they can duplicate one for me.  And is the II above or before the crease on the body? In the brochure it's pictured above the body line crease, have seen others even with the bottom of the dual pinstripe.

Thanks!

fordpower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-October-2014 at 10:55PM
I will go measure and see.Will take a pic and see if I can send it.
lscya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lscya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2014 at 4:33AM
That would be awesome.  The graphic shop here does an amazing job if I have the right info for them.

Thanks again!
fordpower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2014 at 5:16AM
The placement for the two is 3" from the stripe. The bottom lines up with the strip.The two is aprox 3 3/8 high and 4 3/8 long The logo it self is at an angle not staright up and down.
antlerfiend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antlerfiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2014 at 5:32AM
I have a buddy who had his car in Louisville, that can get them. Pm me for his number.
Alex
72 GTS (Morgan's Baby)
68 CJ Drag Car Clone
65 Mustang (first car)
77 LTD II (Drag Car)
78 Mustang II V6 4 speed
 Post Reply Post Reply