The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Powertrain Specific Forum > 335 Series Engine Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

High CR 351 or blown?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuggets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2014 at 9:49AM
Looks like I'm going forged then!

Thanks for the links too, I'm going open chamber after talking to the engineers at work so my 58cc Aussie heads will be for sale as soon as I upload some pics
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2014 at 11:14AM
what's the availability of the open chamber heads there, they're sourced from 351 engines rather than 302?
I think you're really on a better track this way, the fancier you get trying to make it work the more likely that something in the mix won't be happy

Keep It Simple!

what about the cam then? I think I have a couple blower cam cards saved around here somewhere
again, all the modern tricks are not necessarily desirable for boost, old school stock actually works well

Edited by Rockatansky - 19-November-2014 at 11:14AM
72 GT Ute

Nuggets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuggets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2014 at 11:23AM
I'm going to use my stock 73 heads that are currently on the engine now, open chambered 76cc compression killers rather than the 58cc closed chambers.

The cam I was looking at was a bds cam although the comp cams blower cam would work too although I'm open to suggestions!
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2014 at 11:35AM
I know shipping import & taxes are killer, I pretty much just put them up for you to compare to anything you can get your hands on there

I think these may be the BDS cams?

not sure where I got em, but I got em if ya know what I mean
72 GT Ute

Nuggets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuggets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2014 at 11:38AM
It's still cheaper to import so I'll have to ship one in or get one ground here but that would probably be just as pricey!

I'll check the specs against the bds one and comp cams when I'm back on the computer rather than phone

Bird of Prey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird of Prey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-November-2014 at 1:59PM
You gotta get some big butterflies on it . They have one that can go over carbs. .
If I can't out handle a Porsche I don't deserve to drive a THUNDERBIRD !!!!
Nuggets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuggets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2014 at 6:14AM
Well................No blower yet but I have had a stainless exhaust fitted yesterday :D 

Flowmaster super 10's, slash cut exits and an X pipe to help that low-mid rev range, just need a proper carb on top now so I'm pinching the 850cfm Rochester Q Jet from my 500 cube Cadillac block and using that until I get the blower set up sorted 

Favourite part of this exhaust was driving home, was at the lights and a group of girls (probably 15-17) go past and I over hear them saying "that car looks crap"

Now obviously I wasn't going to just sit there and let them say that so as I was right next to the pavement I gave the throttle a nice hard stamp Big smile they screamed, jumped and ran off. Much to my amusement 

Ok I cant get them to upload in this post for some reason so bear with me! 

Edited by Nuggets - 22-November-2014 at 6:20AM
Nuggets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuggets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2014 at 6:35AM
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12