The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1970-1971 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

71 Torino Coil Spring Replacement Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wmcksmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 71 Torino Coil Spring Replacement Question
    Posted: 09-December-2014 at 12:29PM
Hey. I'm about to change out my coil springs on my 71 Torino 500 4 Door Sedan. I forgot to buy the Coil Spring pads/insulators. I've been researching and have come across a couple of options for these. I can't tell which one I need. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I should use (one looks like a rubber bushing and the other one has more of a plastic pulley look to it). I've included a couple of links to Summit Racing and their pictures are in this thread. Any suggestions or links to what you have used would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sdk-c4dz-5415-ar/overview/year/1971/make/ford/model/torino

or

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sdk-c4dz5415urt/overview/year/1971/make/ford/model/torino

71 Torino 500 4 door
gregaba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-April-2015 at 7:04AM
Go to Dearborne and buy the exact reproductions for about $20.00 They fit right and you will not have to modify them to work.
Greg
Greg
wmcksmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wmcksmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-April-2015 at 4:54PM
Hey Greg, I actually found them on eBay. Got the right ones and they went in perfect. Thanks for the reply.
71 Torino 500 4 door
 Post Reply Post Reply