The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Photo Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEED New Website Pics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEED New Website Pics
    Posted: 13-December-2014 at 4:53PM

Alright y'all I NEED SOME PICS!!!
1. They have to be High Resolution, so when I shrink them they stay clear
2. They have to be from a FRONT ANGLE, I need to see the grill and the entire side of the car.(have to be able to see if it is a SPORT, FORMAL, RANCHERO or WAGON
3. I PREFER if it has a solid type of background (Sky, building, grass, white, solid color) something easy for me to trace the outline of the car and cut out the background. IF you already have a cut out of JUST the car... EVEN BETTER!
4. I need a good pic of EACH YR/TYPE of car the site supports PREFER it to be YOUR car.
5. PLEASE include the details on your car, ENSURE the info you send is CORRECT and VERIFIED. The cars does not have to be "stock" but at least be correct. WE all know there are a plethora of different options available on our cars. This is just to be as clear as possible on a description of a pic. that way the pic represents EXACTLY what the description is without second guessing from the "know-it-alls". Example 77Ranchero 500GT without the factory sticker package looks like just another 77 Ranchero(at 1st glance in pics) same as a 72 SPORT that is a Formal without the sport hood or has a Base model nose... it just doesn't represent a 72 Gran Torino Sport.

Scott and I are working to update the website and want to put together a COMPLETE and COMPREHENSIVE list with pics of ALL models from 68-79. These pics will be used as a catalog and also may be used on the cover pages to link back to pages that relate specifically to THAT model/style of car.

Here is a list but I KNOW I am leaving some out. writing out this list I am NOT getting into the details of a GT, 500, Xl, Sport, Base, MX, Spoiler, Cyclone, Cobra, Squire, 2-dr, 4-dr etc...
PLEASE post them as well, I will be saving them and using them at some point on the site.

For the 68-71 guys PLEASE understand I am NOT an expert in any way on these year cars so do not take offense if I mistype or leave out something. Educate me and the entire GTS.ORG family as you reply, THANK YOU!
68-69 Torino, Fairlane, Montego, Comet, Falcon, Ranchero, Wagon, Convertibles(What other models?)
70-71 Torino, Fairlane, Montego, Falcon, Ranchero, Wagon, Convertible(What other models?)
72-76 Torino, Gran Torino, Montego, S&H, Brougham, Ranchero, Wagon
74-76 Cougar, Elite
77-79 Cougar, LTDII, Thunderbird, Ranchero

I am cross posting this on ALL the Torino sites to get as much input and participation as possible!
There is also a PINNED POST on the GranTorinoSport.ORG FaceBook page that explains step by step register on the website (with pictures).

GTS.ORG is going into our 20th Year on the web and is working on updating everything for the ease of our now international and LARGE Torino Family!
As there are ALOT of Torino type FB pages for all these cars, GTS.ORG is the one place on the web that supports them ALL and is moving to be the central location for all things 68-79 Ford/Mercury Torino based cars!
Share the post and spread the both the FB and Website!
We will also be updating the link to the Torino/Montego Registry as well.

Carl Corey (Moderator/Event Coordinator) Contact ANYTIME!
1976 Ford Elite "Lola Mae"
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-December-2014 at 4:57PM
Already getting lots of submissions on all the FaceBook pages.
Looking to get as many Website Member's cars as possible to use!

97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
72 RS 351 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72 RS 351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-December-2014 at 3:27AM
Sounds great, everybody likes seeing more pictures. I can't help, given my new project mess, and when finished it'll be a non stock Ranchero Sport. Have fun assembling the gallery of pics.

Edited by 72 RS 351 - 14-December-2014 at 3:28AM
Don
73 Ranchero "Sport 72 front end", floor shift/console, planning EFI 7000+ rpm 351-4V &4R70W
73 Ranchero GT 351C-4V &4R70W for sale later.
92 Lincoln Mark VII SE GTC, OBDII 347/4R70W
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-December-2014 at 4:17AM
Hey Carl,

You probably already have a bunch of 1972 Sport Fastback photo's, but I have several of my unrestored red laser stripe fastback car if you need some.  Also, if you and Scott need any help in anyway with the history or specs and data on Torinos, I have tons of info for all years.  90% of the Wikipedia page on Torino's was written by me.  If I can help out, please let me know.

Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-December-2014 at 4:50AM
Originally posted by 72FordGTS 72FordGTS wrote:

Hey Carl,

You probably already have a bunch of 1972 Sport Fastback photo's, but I have several of my unrestored red laser stripe fastback car if you need some.  Also, if you and Scott need any help in anyway with the history or specs and data on Torinos, I have tons of info for all years.  90% of the Wikipedia page on Torino's was written by me.  If I can help out, please let me know.

THAT would be FANTASTIC!!!

I would like to update the individual pages we have by year to be an all inclusive read.
Tell us everything we need to know about ie... 1973
the Ford write up about the changes and what the cars are, body styles, names, options, colors, engines, tires etc... A INDIVIDUAL COMPLETE ALL INCLUSIVE page for each year 1968-1979.
That is why I am looking for all these pics, I want to put an ACTUAL current pic of each style on THAT page. Base, Gran, Sport, Ranchero, Sedan and Wagon and it's sister cars for those years.

IF you would do that... ME LOVE YOU LONG TIME G.I.! roflmao!
No seriously, SOOO Much help that would be!

Can do them in separate word documents and e-mail them to me torqued247@yahoo.com 
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-December-2014 at 5:26AM
I have an album of 1973 stuff I saved from a long closed or deleted thread here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/97789934@N07/sets/72157645509585609/

There are also the Popular Science Articles I posted in the 1972-76 forum a while back. There's a Complete 1972 Brochure, 1973 Better Ideas Brochure, and other ads/brochure pages in the Vintage Photo Thread. On that same page is the 1972 Competitive Facts Digest, and 1972 Ford wagon brochure. The next page has fact booklets and more brochures. I would give credit like I did. Just posting this if you need it.
Griffin
1973 Gran Torino station wagon
1972 Gran Torino 4 Door
1971 Maverick 2 Door
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-December-2014 at 7:31AM
Originally posted by Regul8r Regul8r wrote:

I would like to update the individual pages we have by year to be an all inclusive read.
Tell us everything we need to know about ie... 1973
the Ford write up about the changes and what the cars are, body styles, names, options, colors, engines, tires etc... A INDIVIDUAL COMPLETE ALL INCLUSIVE page for each year 1968-1979.
That is why I am looking for all these pics, I want to put an ACTUAL current pic of each style on THAT page. Base, Gran, Sport, Ranchero, Sedan and Wagon and it's sister cars for those years.

IF you would do that... ME LOVE YOU LONG TIME G.I.! roflmao!
No seriously, SOOO Much help that would be!

Can do them in separate word documents and e-mail them to me torqued247@yahoo.com 

Sounds good Carl, I will do my best to help out as time permits.  Check your PM's.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
 Post Reply Post Reply