The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > The Welcome Mat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Member 72 GTS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-March-2015 at 11:20AM
Thanks.  I have only had it for a few months, since Nov.  A 10 car carrier showed up in my neighborhood around 3a.m. one weekend.  What a ruckus we caused getting three cars offloaded and then the GTS.  It was raining a little, my son and wife came out in there bathrobes, and then he fired up the GTS and drove it off.  It was a little scarry, worried he would not hit the ramp squarely.

Danno
Ranchero Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranchero Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-March-2015 at 12:01PM
Glad it worked out, how long it will continue to run is a crap shoot. There are a few Co. that do quartz conversions to them too, and I seen that they are reasonably priced. They might even offer a kit for the do-it your selfer.
bdaugette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdaugette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-March-2015 at 2:25AM
I am going to try the clock repair tonight.  It is already not working, so there is nowhere to go but up!!

Bill Daugette
72 GTS 351C 4V
Danno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-March-2015 at 2:55AM
My computer savvy son tells me I should close out this thread and not have it turn into one super long, rambling thread.  So thanks again for the welcome and I'll see you all mostly on the "How To" pages (I just posted a thread there on Defroster Vents) and the Model Specific forum, 72-76 Fords.
Danno
n2fordwagons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2fordwagons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-March-2015 at 3:13AM
Welcome Danno!  Great looking GTS.  Love the White on Blue stripe.
Jeff

71 Torino Brougham
72 Gran Torino Squire
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-March-2015 at 11:54AM
Originally posted by Danno Danno wrote:

My computer savvy son tells me I should close out this thread and not have it turn into one super long, rambling thread.  So thanks again for the welcome and I'll see you all mostly on the "How To" pages (I just posted a thread there on Defroster Vents) and the Model Specific forum, 72-76 Fords.
Don't sweat the length. There are some 80+ page threads on here and we love them. Wink
Then again, most of us have never been accused of being "computer savvy" Clown
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12