The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

left turn sinal won’t turn off.....?????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Torino Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: left turn sinal won’t turn off.....?????
    Posted: 27-December-2003 at 10:54AM

hello, i was wondering if anyone has had this happen?! the current torino i have(73 GTS) has a little problem, the left blinker indicator in the gauge cluster stays on...or glows dimly other than that it flashes fine when i am signaling.does anyone have any suggestions what it could be i have changed the front and rear bulbs....still the same? the is the second torino that has had this problem! any help would be appreicated. thank you for your time.

Ernest

1973 Gran Torino Sport CJ 351

'Q' code 63R body
buster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-December-2003 at 12:05PM

My 75 Elite did the same thing, changed the bulbs even though they were working.  What I found was one of the wires had worked out of the socket in the plug on the left turn signal assembly.  I worked with it a little and guess some dirt or whatever was in it came loose and fell out...... that corrected it.  Has not done it since.  

Hope the socket thing works on yours.

Paul

Edited by buster
The Torino Kid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Torino Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-January-2004 at 12:00PM
coolness thanks for the reply! i'll checkit out this weekend(hopefully it will not rain all day! 

'Q' code 63R body
buster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-January-2004 at 7:14PM

Torino Kid......

Did you find a solution to the signal?  Just curious because as I stated in my post to you mine did not have the problem again, forgot to knock wood because the other evening it went completely out, just the park light, signal was still functioning.......so back to the wire I went.  Corrected it but I think I will have to replace the socket this time around.

Paul

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Torino Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-January-2004 at 3:13PM
one of the light sockets was badly rusted,they(previous owners) used aluminum foil too make the light work!!! i changed all the bulbs too(helped alittle) check all your grounds too! anyone know where too get new light sockets for the rear with out replacing the whole assembly?!

'Q' code 63R body
thecartruck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thecartruck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2004 at 12:10AM
I had the same problem on my Ranchero, I repalced the light socket and it works fine now.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Torino Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2004 at 9:12AM
does anyone carry just the sockets/connector? because how they are crimped in too the plastic light assembly? thanks for the heads and info everyone!!!!

'Q' code 63R body
GranTorinoSport View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin of "The Org"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinoSport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2004 at 8:39PM

NAPA carries the sockets. If there is not one in your area, try them online at http://www.napaonline.com/

They normally carry all light sockets used on the Torino (normally).

Scott Eklund

Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Torino Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2004 at 11:37AM
Originally posted by GranTorinoSport GranTorinoSport wrote:

NAPA carries the sockets. If there is not one in your area, try them online at http://www.napaonline.com/

They normally carry all light sockets used on the Torino (normally).

thank you!

'Q' code 63R body
 Post Reply Post Reply