Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Tools & Shop Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Craftsman C3 Brushless Drill/Driver

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin of "The Org"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinoSport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Craftsman C3 Brushless Drill/Driver
    Posted: 27-April-2015 at 7:12AM
Craftsman C3 Brushless Drill/Driver

So my cordless tools from 2003 are finally wearing out (even with two battery upgrades over the years). The drill was just about dead, literally. They were Craftsman, standard line, in a big kit (it was the same year we bought our house, hence the reason for the purchase).

I wanted to get a really good drill to replace the drill that served me 10+ years. I noticed this one on the Sears website, but never saw it in store or on sale.

After some research and reading reviews, this looked like a really good model. New, modern high capacity battery, high torque and no brushes. It also comes with an aux handle, which I like.

Haven't used it a ton so far, but it is nice. It is large and heavy, but it is very heavy duty to make up for it.

Apparently with the new C3 Li-ion batteries I can no longer use my two chargers (it comes with one standard Li-ion battery and a charger). So I think I will start converting my other tools over as well.

I believe the new batteries can be used in older 19.2V equipment, but as I said, it is time to replace most of my cordless tools so I am not too worried about it anyway.

Bottom Line: Very nice tool. I expect it to last another 10+ years.
Scott Eklund

Webmaster
 Post Reply Post Reply