The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Video Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1972 Gran Torino Sport | 351CJ 4 Speed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aguard3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1972 Gran Torino Sport | 351CJ 4 Speed
    Posted: 19-August-2015 at 7:21PM
Hey guys! I filmed a video of me talking about my 1972 Gran Torino Sport! Feel free to check it out and let me know what you guys think! If you enjoy it, be sure to like and subscribe as I will be posting videos up more often. Thanks!

GoldFinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldFinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2015 at 9:20AM
Hey Man!
I checked out your video a couple of days ago!
Great job!
You actually have a rare car..4speed and power windows!
Wow!
aguard3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aguard3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2015 at 1:14PM
Thanks! Smile
mcford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mcford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2015 at 3:25AM
Cool video and GREAT dad!

Mike
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2015 at 5:35AM
well done! and welcome! that car looks familiar, did you buy it from another member on here?
i also noticed that rattle when you hit a pothole, reminded me of my car, my plastic sleeves on the door strikers were completely missing. replace all your worn original bushings with energy suspension urethane ones... you be amazed how much better it rides and drives
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2015 at 6:40AM
Subbed! First time I've actually seen normal, everyday driving with a 4 speed car and I liked that. 
Griffin
1973 Gran Torino station wagon
1972 Gran Torino 4 Door
1971 Maverick 2 Door
aguard3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aguard3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2015 at 8:39PM
Thanks! Ill definitely be posting more Torino videos
aguard3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aguard3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-August-2015 at 4:35PM
Thanks for the info! I wanna say the car was found in the for sale listings on this site haha. The previous owner was Tom, from Wisconsin. IDK his username though.
aguard3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aguard3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-August-2015 at 4:36PM
Hey Mike, thanks for the reply! My dad actually talks you all the time about Torino stuff haha. I believe you actually went to go check out the 1st torino we bought, a fastback in Michigan!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-August-2015 at 5:55PM
yep, that's the same car i was thinking it was! ( i may forget names and other stuff, but i never forget a car! Wink)
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
papa scoops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa scoops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-June-2018 at 7:30AM
I noticed you have the same non knitted vinal interior as I have. is your trim code MA (on the door tag) what is your build date? I have 7/3/72. mine is a fastback, factory original black, cj. 4 spd, ralley pac, posi comp susp, ac (working) am fm. fac chrome mirror (reserved for special order paint cars).54k. you gots a nice car. phred
phred
fordismyboss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordismyboss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-June-2018 at 9:58AM
Originally posted by californiajohnny californiajohnny wrote:

well done! and welcome! that car looks familiar, did you buy it from another member on here?
i also noticed that rattle when you hit a pothole, reminded me of my car, my plastic sleeves on the door strikers were completely missing. replace all your worn original bushings with energy suspension urethane ones... you be amazed how much better it rides and drives

Yes CJ, our cars do ride and drive massively better with ES urethane bushings. Don't forget to add competition suspension sway bars and upgrade their bushings too! Oh, and new ball joints, wheel bearings, ........., .......... Too Much Fun!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-June-2018 at 12:29PM
oh yes and i upgraded to bigger bars with poly of courseWink  yes mine drives like a new car and better no more floaty boat feeling Big smile
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
fordismyboss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordismyboss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2018 at 4:36AM
Originally posted by californiajohnny californiajohnny wrote:

oh yes and i upgraded to bigger bars with poly of courseWink  yes mine drives like a new car and better no more floaty boat feeling Big smile

Oh I know YOU upgraded CJ......you gave me all the correct and hard to find 3/4" bushing part numbers! Your car is DONE! We're all just trying to keep up with you! 
 Post Reply Post Reply