The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Photo Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My 73 GTS aka GoldFinger!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldFinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My 73 GTS aka GoldFinger!!
    Posted: 28-October-2015 at 8:09AM
GoldFinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldFinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2015 at 8:12AM
It took me FOREVER to post this pic...PhotoBucket, SnapChat..didn't matter!..I have no idea what I finally did to get the image uploaded!..Ha!
I read the post on 'how to upload a picture' number of times but I still didn't get it right!

I had done it years ago on other boards I belonged to, but I guess I lost my touch!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldFinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2015 at 8:32AM
ANYWHO!...My car is factory Glow Gold with the Ginger bucket interior! It came with the A/C and also the full instrumentation group with the 6 grand tach. It also came with the Brown reflective laser stripe as well.
I am building as a 70's -80's street machine!. It has air shocks on the back, I have recently put on a set of NOS Gold Cragar S/S wheels that I have had for years! They only have a few hundred miles on them and just saw the light of day a few weeks ago! 15x10's on the back and 15x6's on the front!

We just put a restored 60 Torino/Mustang ram air scoop on it with functional turn-signal indicators in the back. We got it centered right over the air cleaner if I decide to cut a hole in the hood and add the flapper to keep the garbage out!
Just put a rechromed bumper on the front( No bumper guards!)and I will be repainting,replacing the grille surround and center GTS piece with some NOS stuff I got!
I got a rechromed rear bumper as wheel that should be on in a few weeks. I am repairing the studs in one of the taillight housings. I also will be putting on some NOS rear lenses I have when I put the rear bumper back on.

I will start a thread with how GoldFinger is coming along! I am going all out!!.. Ford traction bars /shackles, painted rear drums, and even though I have a nearly new 2.5 exhaust on it with 40 Flowmasters, I am thinking about side pipes!

This is what I grew up seeing. I wont go too over the top (velvet interior,etc) But I am building as a representation of times that  have past!
So far, so good! I get thumbs ups and looks fairly often!
Thanks to those on these board who have answered my questions and inspired me to keep my Torino! 
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2015 at 9:22AM
'Pipes would be SO cool!
80's forever!!!! Thumbs Up
(So says the guy with the jacked-up T-bird with aluminum slots and huge tires!)

Edited by Big Bird - 28-October-2015 at 9:24AM
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
benzesrule View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benzesrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2015 at 9:24AM
Love the look!! Those gold cragars just pop!!!!
Phil
aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2015 at 10:09AM
Lookin' good! X2 on the side-pipes. I can still remember my father's '67 Riviera that had side-pipes, I was 5 or 6 at the time he sold it, but never will forget burnin' my chubby little legs on that M-F@#&ing DS pipe. I do remember they were made by Thrush. Keep the pics coming. 
www.supermotors.net/22468
Yeah, It's a Hybrid...It burns gas and tires.

No matter how good she looks, somebody, somewhere, is tired of her sh*t.

Beauty is skin deep, ugliness goes clear to the bone.
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2015 at 12:38PM
Thumbs Up nice! i thought it was gold, but i like the black and the gold wheels look great! 40's would be fine but side pipes would be cool too! Wink
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2015 at 12:59PM
Originally posted by aquartlow aquartlow wrote:

Lookin' good! X2 on the side-pipes. I can still remember my father's '67 Riviera that had side-pipes, I was 5 or 6 at the time he sold it, but never will forget burnin' my chubby little legs on that M-F@#&ing DS pipe. I do remember they were made by Thrush. Keep the pics coming. 

These>
 [​IMG]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldFinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2015 at 1:45PM
Yep..Those are probably the way im gonna go!
I have come across NOS one a few occasions but I didn't bite because either I wasn't ready or they weren't long enough...
Short pipes on a longer car look stupid! Ha

I had some NOS purple Thrush with the Woodpecker on them still in the box,but I sold them in part because I want sidpipes!
DARE to be DIFFERENT!!
       73 GTS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldFinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2015 at 1:50PM
Originally posted by californiajohnny californiajohnny wrote:

Thumbs Up nice! i thought it was gold, but i like the black and the gold wheels look great! 40's would be fine but side pipes would be cool too! Wink

It was Johnny! The previous owner who was a board member didn't like the Gold or the stripe so he stripped the stripe off and sprayed Black over the factory Gold!SMH!!Shocked
You can still see the Gold In the doorjambs,Trunk,etc..And now the black is slowly fading off revealing some of the Gold (and surface rust) in spots! You can still see the laser stripe inside the doors.

DARE to be DIFFERENT!!
       73 GTS
aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2015 at 2:16PM
Originally posted by GoldFinger GoldFinger wrote:

Yep..Those are probably the way im gonna go!
I have come across NOS one a few occasions but I didn't bite because either I wasn't ready or they weren't long enough...
Short pipes on a longer car look stupid! Ha

I had some NOS purple Thrush with the Woodpecker on them still in the box,but I sold them in part because I want sidpipes!

Here's a nice but pricey set, I have never seen a better used set than these.
Vintage-Early-Thrush-Outside-Side-Pipe-exhaust-system

Or these for a better deal but need a bit of elbow grease.

Good luck.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldFinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-October-2015 at 2:48PM
Yea I saw those Aqua', thanks!
The first set is not complete. There have actually been a few NOS on there as of late, I just didn't bite...I am probably going the NOS route, unless I find some with absolutely no damage at all.

Edited by GoldFinger - 28-October-2015 at 2:48PM
DARE to be DIFFERENT!!
       73 GTS
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-October-2015 at 8:17AM

These>
 [​IMG]

There are sidepipes in this picture??? Is this one of those "where's Waldo" kinda things???
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-October-2015 at 8:49AM
^^ Yeah, I almost shorted out my keyboard with drool looking at those!!

Your GTS would really pop with '70's vibe with a set of side pipes. Nice.

C's Dad has a set of Hooker pipes on his Vette that perform and look incredible. Not aluminum, but his car looks better in the black finish and the header tubes actually wind out to the side pipes in view. Cool, mean touch.

Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
kychevyguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kychevyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-October-2015 at 1:08PM
I would also vote for the sidepipes. My first torino was a 69 GT sportsroof and it had airshocks and pipes. Looked hot!
JT, USAF Ret./Architect
1971 Ford F100 "Lizzy"
1971 Cougar XR7 "Kitty"
1984 Chevy Silverado "Sylvia"
2009 Smart Fortwo Cabrio "Lil Dude"
2015 Volvo XC60 R-Design "Sven"
antlerfiend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antlerfiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-October-2015 at 1:42PM
You should bring that to Louisville next year. We need some 73's to represent.
Alex
72 GTS (Morgan's Baby)
68 CJ Drag Car Clone
65 Mustang (first car)
77 LTD II (Drag Car)
78 Mustang II V6 4 speed
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-October-2015 at 2:47PM
Wink yeah, it took me a while to find those pipes in that pic!!!
 i was also going to mention about the hooker header side pipes, i believe they are still available, last i knew!
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-October-2015 at 12:49AM

A little better picture of the pipes.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1972 Torino 460
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-October-2015 at 2:15AM
nice! joe, you should trade him a bunch of your cars you are trying to sell for that vette! Wink it looks like a nice car, but then i'm a little partial to C3 vettes too WinkWinkBig smile
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
mcford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-October-2015 at 4:32AM
love the all chrome hooker side pipes. wicked cool
Mike
antlerfiend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antlerfiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-October-2015 at 7:55AM
Catherine is getting the Vette for free!
Alex
72 GTS (Morgan's Baby)
68 CJ Drag Car Clone
65 Mustang (first car)
77 LTD II (Drag Car)
78 Mustang II V6 4 speed
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-October-2015 at 8:10AM
Originally posted by antlerfiend antlerfiend wrote:

Catherine is getting the Vette for free!
serious?!!! awesome! (if joe cuts that car up, i'll be on the next flight there, and "joe" him Ouch
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldFinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-October-2015 at 12:28PM
I'm actually leaning towards the Thrush Sidekicks because they are all chrome!..OH YEAH!!
DARE to be DIFFERENT!!
       73 GTS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2015 at 4:07AM
Some of the Thrush were polished aluminum with a steel internal muffler and pipe. I think the chrome or polished aluminum would be a great choice for your car.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1972 Torino 460
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
Eliteman76 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2015 at 3:04PM
I love the look. The black and gold works.

Andrew:GTS.ORG admin, '72 Q code 5 speed Restomod
Pondering: #99Problems
 Post Reply Post Reply