The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > The Welcome Mat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Brand New Member
Brand New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timkustom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello
    Posted: 30-October-2015 at 8:34AM
Just found this forum. I design photo etch detail sets for model cars. Revell has just released an all new kit of the Starsky & Hutch Torino. I am developing a detail set that will fit this kit.

Hoping the members might help me out with the exact badges/scripts that will help convert this model into all the other trim versions. I have a pretty good grasp on them all (I have the dealer brochure) but good clear pics of specific trim can be hard to find or decipher.

Hope you guys will help make this kit a complete as possible. I hope it's OK to post a similar thread in the General Section.

Tim

Our products:
http://modelcargarage.com/store/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=21

Revell kit:
http://www.revell.com/model-kits/cars/85-4023.html#.VjPUOEuWf5E
72GTS351CJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72GTS351CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-October-2015 at 10:49AM
That's really cool and welcome! ! The S+H guys will be all over this. -Rick-
72GTS Clint Eastwood Special                                     
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-October-2015 at 11:09AM
welcome! in looking at the revell kit pic the only thing i see missing is the chrome wheel well trimShocked
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-October-2015 at 11:30AM
Welcome Tim!
My Tomato is a factory 460, floor shift, console, bucket seat car that I building into a TV season 2-4 S&H clone. Would love to see the parts made available so that I can convert the Revell 1/25 S&H Torino (as well as the Ertle 1/18 scale S&H) in models of MY car!

Would be happy to help in any way I can....

GOOD LUCK

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
1976 Gran Torino S&H season 2-4 Clone
Project Blog: http://tv2m8o.blogspot.com/
GoldFinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldFinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-October-2015 at 12:32PM
Hello!...Now that's a cool job to have!
DARE to be DIFFERENT!!
       73 GTS
timkustom View Drop Down
Brand New Member
Brand New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timkustom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2015 at 5:00AM
Thanks guys!

John, the kit does have the chrome wheel trim molded on the body. It would have to have Bare Metal Foil applied in the finishing stage. It looks like the builder of the box art model did not do that.

Still looking for any detail pix you guys can come up with. This is not just for S&H cars, but any 74-76 Torino. All trim models.
 Post Reply Post Reply