The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Tools & Shop Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old Tools

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old Tools
    Posted: 12-November-2015 at 1:52PM
Anyone else here into old tools? I've always enjoyed old tools, picked them up at flea markets, swap meets, gar(b)age sales and such. Usually they get cleaned up, stared at for a while and occasionally used. Then they get put away, and I get more...
I ended up with my father-in-law's Kennedy toolboxes after he passed away 5 years ago, and have recently been poking thru and researching the old tools he had. He was a machinist and modelmaker for 40 years after he got out of the Navy, and i don't think he ever threw a tool away.
Just curious if anyone else is into this kind of stuff.

"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2015 at 2:12PM
yep, me too! i have a misc. collection of old tools some model "A" wrenches, an old 60's? valve spring compressor, a old bias ply tire compressor (to squeeze the tire to inflate it), my dad's torch and old lincoln welder (1959), and my air compressor!!! curtis--1936 and it's used everyday for shop air Wink oh and my coats 1010 tire machine! probably more stuff if i think about it.
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2015 at 1:26AM
...and me as well. I have a set of Mustang branded wrenches that were available when the Mustang came out, a lot of old hand tools from family friends that sold them to me before they were gone. Also have 3 old reel mowers, my grandfather's Sunbeam hedge clippers, and 3 items I am particularly proud of: early farm scythes. I found them in the attic of an old building that was on my property years ago. That land was farm land back before Chattanooga was formed and these are very old. I sharpened up the best one and tried my hand at using it. Efficient at what they do, but man, they will work you.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
fordpower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2015 at 2:49AM
Craziest thing I have is a self propelled riding reel mower.
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2015 at 3:28AM
Those are scary. Reminds me of the Lawnmower Man movie.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
torinojon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torinojon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-November-2015 at 3:32PM
when was the last time you saw a head light adjusting tool.this set is for the single head lights.i usually collect factory ford tools but for free ill take it.
http://forum.grantorinosport.org/uploads/3190/marti5.jpg
 Post Reply Post Reply