The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Starsky & Hutch
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Got my new springs in!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74ZebraIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got my new springs in!
    Posted: 20-November-2015 at 5:29PM
Finally got my 74 Gran Torino Station Wagon Springs in the car! When I installed my air shocks when I first built the car I was happy with the rake, but now they are worn in I replaced the 40 year old tired springs with the new Moog ones! Only $100cdn a pair and about 1/2 hour time

Edited by 74ZebraIII - 20-November-2015 at 5:40PM
Paul100ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul100ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-December-2015 at 2:26AM
Nice, I will be adjusting my rake in the spring. I've raised it 2 inches already but it needs more.

Nothing stops this train.
74ZebraIII View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74ZebraIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-December-2015 at 2:55AM
👍🏻 I saw some other fellas using the station wagon springs. Spring rate is better ( I have kids and didn't want the car to sag! ) and along with the Monroe Air Shocks I like the look!
Dan the ranchero man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the ranchero man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-December-2015 at 2:31PM
That thing sits real nice. I am a bit fan of wagon springs as well. One of my rancheros has 74 Lincoln town car springs up front and 74 Lincoln Mark cargo springs in the rear. That gives it a "high boy" look. Your car look great very nice looking ride! 

Paul100ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul100ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-December-2015 at 6:06AM
nice look,,,,Thumbs Up
Nothing stops this train.
Dan the ranchero man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the ranchero man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-December-2015 at 7:35AM
Thank you! Some love it while others don't. Your car looks great and I imagine still rides nice. mine will ride a little bit more like a truck on certain roads, But it is not really no worse than riding in a f 150. Take care Dan
 Post Reply Post Reply