The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Photo Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cars we sold that are getting a new life

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cars we sold that are getting a new life
    Posted: 16-December-2015 at 2:03AM
I thought I'd start a thread of cars we have sold that are getting a new life.

Here's a '65 Falcon Futura wagon I sold to a car guy in MO that is getting serious about it. New subframe with tubular arms, R&P, all high dollar.

Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
73 Ranchero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73 Ranchero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-December-2015 at 5:24AM
I bought (new) a 2006 Mercury Mariner.  In Oct. this year  on my way to have brake work done (luckily before rather than after) with out warning it had a major engine failure.  The car only had 64,000 miles and had never used oil between oil changes.  When towed to the shop, we found that it was down more than 3 1/2 qt.  with no sign of leakage.
Found this on the web:   

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Escape/2006/engine/engine.shtml

When back to the dealer I bought it from and he took it in trade and gave me a very fair price for the car as is.  They put a new engine in it for resale. 
 I have been dealing with the owner of the dealership for 25 years and we have bought 12 cars from him.  He has always treated us great.

The good news:
I good friend of my father in law called me a few weeks ago and said he saw my old car on the lot and wanted to know why I traded it in.  I told him the whole story. I went over to the dealership with him, and he bought my old car (got a great deal on it also).  He is 80 years old and needed a good reliable used car, what better than a car he has know since new and one I had planned on keeping for a few more years.

Bob
73 Ranchero

unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-December-2015 at 7:28AM
Great story! Glad it worked out for everyone.

Many years ago, I had an '89 Bronco II that I dearly loved. It was the 3rd I'd owned at that time (even my wife at the time had an almost identical '89 during our marriage) and I planned on keeping it forever. After owning it for a few years, a buddy offered his '91 Capri convertible and $5k for it, so I could not refuse the attraction of that kind of profit. As it drove away. I became so overwrought with emotion, I actually got sick to my stomach and called him back as soon as he got home. Begged him to please give me first ROFR on it if he ever decided to sell it. 3 years passed and he called. I was so excited that I left work right then, drove to his house, bought it, and left my car there to pick up later. Didn't want to let that baby out of my site.

That was 1997, and it is still in my possession. Out of the 337,000 miles on it, I have personally put 225,000, and it is the only true "keeper" I own. I truly love that little truck.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1972 Torino 460
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
SininenIII View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SininenIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-December-2015 at 5:10PM
I sold my ยด63 Galaxie in 2013. It was originally 4 door post car, some of the previous owners made it a topless 2door by cutting the roof off, and lengthening the front doors, the windshield was chopped also. It was pretty ratty when I bought it in 2008, no engine or transmission. I had big hopes for the Galaxie, but had no time to work on it, so when it was time for me to move to a new house, I gave up my dreams about it and sold it to a guy who made it roadworthy in little over a year.

When I bought it in 2008:

This is how it was when I sold it in 2013:

In 2014 the new owner had the Galaxie back on the road, 302 engine, C4 trans, Oldsmobile interior.
It was still ratty looking,  but I absolutely loved to see it alive again Big smile:

Aatu
73 Gran Torino Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-December-2015 at 2:00AM
That is awesome!!
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1972 Torino 460
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
Paul100ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul100ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-December-2015 at 3:22AM
rat-mobile.....I like it..Cool
Nothing stops this train.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-January-2016 at 4:49AM

Getting a new (and probably more powerful) life with someone that will actually drive it.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1972 Torino 460
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
madmaxtorino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Zombie Killing Training Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madmaxtorino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-January-2016 at 8:22AM
Originally posted by unlovedford unlovedford wrote:

Getting a new (and probably more powerful) life with someone that will actually drive it.
What about  the 73 gts you sold me?
Allan
Revelation 6:8
When there is no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-January-2016 at 5:16AM
Wow, yes. Pulled out of a barn after many years, then just sat in my driveway for over a year. Finally Allan gets it, and then it morphs into something awesome.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1972 Torino 460
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-January-2016 at 3:49AM
My 4 speed GTS I sold. Just got out of the paint shop in this picture. Now having the new wheels and interior installed. Not sure if he is going with Laser stripes or not, but they did stay with Red on the body.

Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1972 Torino 460
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
 Post Reply Post Reply