The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1968-1969 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

69 Torino GT questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Brand New Member
Brand New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69GTconvert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 69 Torino GT questions
    Posted: 13-March-2016 at 5:43AM
I just picked up a 1969 Torino GT Convertible in good condition for dirt cheap.. I have a couple basic questions about it..

1. Production numbers.. I read somewhere that there were only around 2500 GT convertibles produced in 69, does this seem correct? I have a hard time trusting some internet resources, thought id ask the guys that really know these cars. 

2. Color code.. The drivers side door has been replaced with a (M) Wimbledon White door.. The jambs, under hood and deck lid are original paint which seems to be (F) gulfstream aqua or (J) Midnight Aqua.. is there anywhere else on the car that I can find the correct color code other than the door tag?

2. What is the width of the stock 14" GT wheels?  Id like to run as wide of a tire as possible without any bulging.. would a 235/245 fit nicely? 

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks!
Vikesruler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vikesruler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-September-2016 at 7:13AM
I know you can get a Marti report using your VIN number and it will list all that information. Here is the link
It gives you fun information as to where it was made and sold when it was ordered and delivered etc...
Life's better in a Classic Muscle Car
 Post Reply Post Reply