The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Ranchero Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1973 Ranchero brake booser

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AWJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1973 Ranchero brake booser
    Posted: 15-May-2016 at 8:34AM
Hello,

I am new to this forum, actually - this is the first forum ever I am on.

I am currently rebuilding a 1973 ford ranchero with a 429 engine. It is my first project. For most parts I need up to now I have found my way to source them for reasonable pricing. (As I am based in Holland the parts are actually not what make up most of the price though..) Only one part i find is almost impossible to find: a power brake booster. The only one i can find is at Mac's autoparts, and here it will cost me over 500 dollar for a 70 dollar part..

So my questions would be:

- Is there any way to get my hands on a Cardone 54-73005 (Remanufactured) Power Brake Booster?
 - Is there a replacement of an other type that might fit aswell?

Thanks in advance,

Anton
Holland
Regul8r 2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-June-2016 at 12:26PM
WELCOME to the Family!

Your account should be activated now.

The brake boosters are available through local parts stores here in the states.
Look at www.rockauto.com they have GREAT prices and I am pretty sure they ship internationally too!

IF it comes down to it maybe one of us could buy it and mail it to you and that could be cheaper in the long run too?

Carl, Member/Admin since 07. Still the same admin/moderator REGUL8R just needed a 2nd account for more picture space.
Owner- www.CaNDeCustoms.com
AWJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AWJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2016 at 3:18AM
Hello and thanks for the reply.

I have found the booster at rockauto (and also on other stores), but everywhere it seems to be out of stock.. 

Here is the link to the item on rockauto:

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,1973,ranchero,7.0l+429cid+v8,1136214,brake/wheel+hub,power+brake+booster,1884?a=www.google.nl+Search+for+Brake%2FWheel+Hub+Power+Brake+Booster+BENDIX

I also have found one at macs auto parts, but here it is 400 dollar plus transport. this is way to much to my opinion.

Is there maybe a physical store that sells these in the US?

As it is priced at 93 dollar at rock auto I was hoping to find it for roughly that price..

Thanks

Anton
Nuggets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuggets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2016 at 5:32AM
If you're in Holland I have an original booster from my 73 car that I would happily ship over from the uk

Only removed as I've got a racing pedal box in there now
Barnaby

429 powered 73 Stripper.....no comfort, just noise!
Nuggets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuggets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2016 at 5:32AM
Also have the brake pedal and brake switch to go with it
Barnaby

AWJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AWJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2016 at 7:30AM
Ok, sounds good, what price are you thinking of? Also do you have a picture and is it in good working order?

Nuggets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuggets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2016 at 8:39AM
was working perfectly last time I used the brakes, would think £110 posted for the booster and pedal, will include the brake line fittings, brake proportioning valve, brake warning light and brake light switch

Basically the entire set up as it as removed 

pm me your email address and I'll send some pics over, its in good condition 
Barnaby

AWJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AWJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2016 at 8:59AM
Sounds very interesting. Heres my email: antonbreakz@hotmail.com
Nuggets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuggets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2016 at 9:04AM
Just sent them over now
Barnaby

Post Reply Post Reply