The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Photo Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tired of looking at your late model front end

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2016 at 3:26PM
i like the opera windows and there was only 3183 of them made that year i will be doing work to make them more plush. it sure helps when you need more fild of vision when passing some one
76 gran torino brougham
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2016 at 3:56PM
Originally posted by hammer hammer wrote:

i like the opera windows and there was only 3183 of them made that year i will be doing work to make them more plush. it sure helps when you need more fild of vision when passing some one
this is true! but it seems like they just take away from the look of the musclecar shape of the bodies of this era, just my opinion but i totally agree with you about blind spots! i'm not picking it apart!!! just was curious
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
hammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2016 at 4:04PM
ya iv had alot of mixed apinions about this 
76 gran torino brougham
hammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2016 at 6:12PM
_i am looking for these seats in blue if any of you have run across these let me know and the back seat to

Edited by hammer - 14-June-2016 at 6:21PM
76 gran torino brougham
hammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2016 at 5:17AM
76 gran torino brougham
hammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2016 at 5:25AM
this is where i cut the bumper i made sure that i did not cut right on the corners  but right next to it to keep the body lines correct you have to use a dolly to mold the metal then fill in whats missing i suggest grabbing another bumper to cut metal off of  and make sure its the same thickness. i still want to make another cut and bend the bumper down to the bottom of the fender.
76 gran torino brougham
hammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2016 at 5:35AM

want to cut where the orange line is and bend and adapt it to meet the yellow lines
76 gran torino brougham
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2016 at 9:33AM
I don't dislike the 74-76 front end, it's pretty decent for that era of car.  That said, I really think the front end you did on your car looks great!  Very nice work!
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
hammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2016 at 11:38AM
thanks just so every one knows its not that i dont like the front end it looked great for 20 years i just always have imagined a different look for my car im a big fan of 68-69 and 70-71 i like the open look. this isnt the end of my desin im going to make my own nose but i need a doner car to mount it to and do all the sanding off of and the idea is to make a austrailan 76 falcon look
76 gran torino brougham
Eliteman76 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-January-2017 at 3:05AM
Just saw this. I like the look, it does have the flavor of the 1972 front bumper, and this goes well with the body lines.

Main thing is, it's your car and you did what you wanted.

Personally, I am OK with the battle ram bumpers but I will say I like the look. Well done.

Oh and as far as pictures go, the trick is to your available lighting. You want to try having the sun at your back. If it's an extremely sunny day, the glare will cause issues.

I can say my Iphone 6+ takes outstanding pictures, but I still have a Sony digital camera that can take up to 12MB photos and I still occasionally use it.

Andrew:GTS.ORG admin, '72 Q code 5 speed Restomod
Pondering: #99Problems
hammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-January-2018 at 6:54AM
I put a short video of this build

Edited by 72FordGTS - 22-January-2018 at 7:20AM
76 gran torino brougham
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-January-2018 at 8:04PM
Clap
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2018 at 7:21AM
Great video, thanks for sharing.  I still can't believe how well that bumper works on these cars.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
gentrysgarage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gentrysgarage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2018 at 5:57PM
Thanks for sharing this! I am contemplating modding a different bumper for mine...you make it look so easy!

Uante View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2019 at 2:00PM
Just found your thread about the bumper...Looks Great! 

I checked and there's two 1970's Oldsmobile Cutless bumpers in the Junkyard near me...Just in case. lol 
'73 Gran Torino Brougham
'63 Econoline Standard Van
- Brent *USAF RET*
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12