The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Powertrain Specific Forum > 335 Series Engine Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

are you looking to build your 400?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrlee01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: are you looking to build your 400?
    Posted: 31-July-2016 at 7:27PM
i have a completely brand new high performance (o.566 lift) cam set with valve springs, roller rockers, roller lifters, timing set, high volume oil pump, 2 sets of push rods all never opened. i also have a couple of used edelbrock 4 barrel intakesone cleaned and painted, the other one not painted.

i bought the valve train set as a complete package from summit with the intent on putting them into my 400 from another car, but i no longer have that car and i can not use them. all together i paid 1000 dollars for the set from summit and 150 dollars per each intake. i also have a small 390 cfm 4 barrel carb that i paid 200 bucks for.
if any of these can help you, let me know..shoot me an offer. i cant use them, so i am in need of selling them now.
74 gts 460/auto with factory sunroof
gnrlee01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrlee01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-September-2016 at 12:54PM
i ordered this kit form summit last year when i was thinking of molesting my 76 torino survivor car that had a 351M. i was going to make it into a 400, but since than i have traded to a 460 car and i can no longer use these parts if anyone can use them, let me know.
i have 2 seperate 4 barrel intakes for the 351M-400 one painted black, and the other not. i also have a small 390 cfm 4 barrel carburetor.
i have a high volume melling oil pump that i purchased to go along with this kit as well as an extra set of pushrods, because i wasnt sure if i would need them or not.
it also has a new set of valve springs made for the use of this cam and a double roller timing chain set.
the kit number is "comp cams k32-421-8"
the actual cam box says 32-421-8 cam specs are int 270. exh 270. dur @ 0.50: 215 215 lobe sep 110.0 valve lift 0.566 0.566
sn# wl3719-15

if i have to throw a number first, i would love to break even and get what i paid for, for them which was a little over a grand for everything in the kit, including the oil pump and additional set of push rods. but i also realize that for me to break even, it wouldnt be any different than if you went to summit and ordered the same set yourself, so i know that is somewhat unlikely on my part. so lets make a deal...i would hate for these to go to waste, since im not going to use them.
steve.
74 gts 460/auto with factory sunroof
 Post Reply Post Reply