The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > The Welcome Mat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Locate a vehicle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Locate a vehicle
    Posted: 05-August-2016 at 1:12PM
I just this afternoon found the VIN of the 1970 Torino I purchased in April of 1970 upon my return from Southeast Asia.  The gas shortage of 1973 scared me into selling the car.  Biggest mistake of my life.  I was stationed in Augsburg, Germany at the time and sold it to a fellow GI.  I would like to attempt to locate the car, or at very least find out if it still exists.  Does anyone know of a clearing house that would have information?  Any suggestions on how to start my search?  Oh, if anyone needs to find the VIN of a classic Ford, Marti Auto is the place to go.  They have a great database.  I sent them my info and had the VIN within about 3 hours.  It cost $100...and it was money well spent.  I'm sure I was the last person on earth to hear of Marti Auto but I've just started my search for my old Torino.  She was a beaut!  Thanks for the help.  ShelSmile
 Post Reply Post Reply