The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > The Welcome Mat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

new member. looking for help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jciwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new member. looking for help
    Posted: 29-August-2016 at 9:25AM
Hi, I'm Jciwolf  I need help in locating my wifes' old car. She had a 1976 Ford Gran Torino, not the Starsky and Hutch one. It was cream color w/tan or saddle interior. Automatic,351,air and chrome wheels. I would like to find it and restore it for her as a surprise. Surprise when it gets down type of surprise!! She sold it to her brother in '82, who never did pay her; but that's a different story. It was new in '76 in still looking good when sold. Vin is as follows:6A30H122858. I have tried several online services but they don't track 11 digit codes. Florida DMV can't find it and I am at a loss as to what to search. Anyone out there got an idea or resolve? I would appreciate it.  Thank You  Jciwolf.

Regul8r 2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-October-2016 at 5:59PM
Welcome to the site and I hope you find it
Carl, Member/Admin since 07. Still the same admin/moderator REGUL8R just needed a 2nd account for more picture space.
Owner- www.CaNDeCustoms.com
hogfiddles View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hogfiddles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-October-2016 at 7:44AM
4 door, or 2 door?
1973 Gran Torino Sport - Q code “Q-Clone” project-on-hold
1972 Gran Torino Sport - Q code new project
1972 Gran Torino - parts
1969 Torino GT - M code
95+/- mid-80's Yamaha XJ-Series (10 trophies)
jciwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jciwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-October-2016 at 12:42PM
2-door

hogfiddles View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hogfiddles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-October-2016 at 12:48AM
Ok, then it's not the one I used to have
1973 Gran Torino Sport - Q code “Q-Clone” project-on-hold
1972 Gran Torino Sport - Q code new project
1972 Gran Torino - parts
1969 Torino GT - M code
95+/- mid-80's Yamaha XJ-Series (10 trophies)
VorbottenO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VorbottenO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-October-2016 at 6:56AM
What state was the car last known to be in and year?
If you believe it was last in FL and the DMV has no record of it...most likely salvaged out at some point.
Not an easy task as many states still were not using computers in the early 80s.
Eric
72GTS-Ncode (429-477ci)

jciwolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jciwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-October-2016 at 8:00AM
Last known was Florida. DMV in Tallahassee  found the title but would not share the info on it. I have sent a formal request per their required form and am waiting the usual "forever" reply.

VorbottenO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VorbottenO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-October-2016 at 8:27AM
Well you have achieved more than half the journey!
If they have a record of it and it is still titled, you just have to follow the protocol.....
Good luck,
Eric
72GTS-Ncode (429-477ci)

n2fordwagons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2fordwagons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-October-2016 at 12:50AM
Originally posted by jciwolf jciwolf wrote:

Last known was Florida. DMV in Tallahassee  found the title but would not share the info on it. I have sent a formal request per their required form and am waiting the usual "forever" reply.

That's a great start.  At least there's some hope.  Maybe drive around the streets of Tallahassee?!  Big smile 

Are you on Facebook?  We have a Facebook group, with a lot of folks that follow it, that are not here on the forum.  I'd suggest you join our Facebook group, and post on there.  Also, if you can dig up a picture of the car to post with your Facebook post.  Or, find a picture online of a similar car.  Pictures will help to draw attention.

Jeff

71 Torino Brougham
72 Gran Torino Squire
 Post Reply Post Reply