The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Auto Body Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1973 torino fastback cj

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glennford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1973 torino fastback cj
    Posted: 28-September-2016 at 8:23AM
was just wondering if anyone out there has done a major body refit such as the one I am about to undertake.  here goes  back in feb this year I scored a 1973 fastback torino CJ/C6 etc.  the bad was the floorpans rusted out completely, so the search began for a donor, located a 72 coupe in georgia;used to be the guys race car, perfect floors and all, just some holes cut for the rollbar   YEA!!!  now I want to separate at the bottom of the winshield pillars and quarters from the floor on both and switch them out any tips from any experts out there would be great  thanks in advance  Glenn
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-September-2016 at 11:34AM
Not sure how if you can get to all of the spot welds probably the simplest suggestion I can think of would be cut away from where you want to save on the bad part of each car close to it so that way you can gain access to the inside to see if there's anything hidden spot welds
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
jversch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jversch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2016 at 2:10AM
OH there are many hidden spot welds with the inner bracing and overlapping panels . I have been working on rear quarters and fender wells .
Jerry VerSchneider
1972 Gran torino formal roof H Code
1973 Gran torino fast back H code.
glennford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glennford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2016 at 6:01PM
I kind of figured there would be something like that with all the hidden spot welds, I'm going to have to pay real close attention on this job and take lots of photos to for posterity
 Post Reply Post Reply