The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > The Welcome Mat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello from Frankfurt (Germany)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_schulz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from Frankfurt (Germany)
    Posted: 21-October-2016 at 4:59AM
Hello dear Torino people,

Hope you´re all doing well!

My name is Henry (35y) from Frankfurt, Germany.
I´m a huge US muscle car / classic car fan and I´m watching the market and some specific models for quite a few years now.

When I started, I lost my heart to the 1968 / 1969 Lincoln Continental with suicide doors, don´t know why exactly. Probably the design and elegance of this amazing car.
Anyway, now I´m more into the muscle cars such as the 1970 chrysler 300 Hurst or as you probably guess the Torino, especially the 1972 model is exactly what I like.

Since the 300 Hursts are very rare and mostly out of my price range (at least most of them) I think the time has come to get a Gran Torino. :-)

I am/was already in contact with people regarding their cars for sale. One of them was the owner of the car located in Cathedral City which has been discussed in another post. Like some of you, I was wondering why it said "1972 73 Torino" in the ad. To be honest I wouldn´t have recognized that the car may just be having the 1972 front, with the rest being built in 1973.
So now I have become a bit more cautious regarding the "little things"...

There is another guy I´m in contact with, who had his car advertised on global-free-classified-ads.com
He sent me some pictures I wanna share with you, to get your opinion on the car.

I will post another thread in the - Cars for Sale/Trade/Wanted -

As I said, it would be great of you guys if you could take a look at the pictures and let me know your thoughts about the car.

Looking forward to it!

Cheers and many thanks
Regul8r 2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2016 at 6:48AM
WELCOME to the Family!

I spent a couple years in Germany.
Stationed in Wuerzburg and worked at RheinMein in Frankfurt.

Look forward to seeing the pictures you mention and I am sure the FAMILY here will be more than willing to help you once they see what you are looking at.

Carl, Member/Admin since 07. Still the same admin/moderator REGUL8R just needed a 2nd account for more picture space.
Owner- www.CaNDeCustoms.com
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2016 at 8:49AM
Welcome!
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
racinghuby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racinghuby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2017 at 5:19AM
Hallo Heinrich, ich komme aus Stuttgart und habe einen 72 Gran Torino Fastback.

Wenn dann koennen wir uns ja mal schreiben.

Gruss Huby

Edited by racinghuby - 09-February-2017 at 6:31AM
I have
1x 72 Gran Torino 429cu
2x 67 Mustang Fastback
1x 71 El Camino
1X 72 GTO
1X Rover Mini Cooper
 Post Reply Post Reply