The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > General Automotive Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone use Exhaust Electric Cutouts?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2fordwagons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone use Exhaust Electric Cutouts?
    Posted: 05-January-2017 at 3:05AM
Does anyone have any experience with electric cutouts?  Good or bad experience with certain brands, warranty, service, etc?
Jeff

71 Torino Brougham
72 Gran Torino Squire
75GranMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75GranMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-January-2017 at 2:56PM
I have them on my car. FPA headers, xpipe, QTP 2.5 cutouts,Delta flow 50's, Tailpipes. I wanted to add something a little different and this was the perfect choice. I purchased the kit with the remote option. It's a real head turner leaving a cruise night or show with them opened up! Nasty loud. I'll have to see if I have any pictures
John 75Gran Torino 4spd
Tighten it down until it snaps and then back it off a half turn!
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2017 at 5:28AM
I'll be adding them to the Tomato when the exhaust starts going together.... I'll be using the Summit 2 1/2" stainless steel kit. I'm hoping I can figure out how to open them gradually and only partially so I can "fine tune" the aggressiveness! Wink

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
1976 Gran Torino S&H season 2-4 Clone
Project Blog: http://tv2m8o.blogspot.com/
75GranMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75GranMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-January-2017 at 3:49AM
Joe,You can feather the remote to tailor the sound...I'm sure the regular switch will be the same.
John 75Gran Torino 4spd
Tighten it down until it snaps and then back it off a half turn!
Regul8r 2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-January-2017 at 5:34PM
John what tailpipes did you use??
Carl, Member/Admin since 07. Still the same admin/moderator REGUL8R just needed a 2nd account for more picture space.
Owner- www.CaNDeCustoms.com
n2fordwagons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2fordwagons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2017 at 2:01AM
Thanks for the info guys. 

John, how long have you had your QTP cutouts?  What I'm looking for is reliability info, etc?  I've read a lot of reviews and all brands seem to be about 50/50 on reliability and customer service.  A lot of folks have said it's not worth the hassle.  The motors burn up in them, or they will stop sealing and start to rattle.
Jeff

71 Torino Brougham
72 Gran Torino Squire
 Post Reply Post Reply