The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Ranchero Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1972 Ford Ranchero Factory A/C Evaporator Core

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrueWest IMports Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1972 Ford Ranchero Factory A/C Evaporator Core
    Posted: 12-April-2017 at 1:15PM
G'Day forum members.
I am having my factory A/C stripped, checked and re-gassed with R134a. I'm in Australia and have no choice as to the refrigerant.
Everything seems to be OK except for one minor detail. The bloke who did some "work" on my car (another very LONG story) pulled the whole front end off and when he reassembled it, he put the a/c evaporator housing back on but didn't put the actual evaporator back.  He also left the majority of lines unplugged and open to the elements.
I was wondering if anyone could help me.
Do any of you have a photograph of the factory evaporator core that mounts to the firewall inside the engine bay and is covered by the black evaporator housing cover. Not the heater core installed inside the cabin under the dash?
Also, could someone give me the dimensions of the factory evaporator core?
I have the master Ford parts manual on my PC but for some reason I can't access it at the moment so I can't even look up the part number.
Perhaps someone has installed either a universal evaporator core or one from another year/model of Ford?
I look forward to any responses.

andrewok1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewok1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-April-2017 at 3:21AM
Home » Online Catalog » Factory Parts » Factory Replacement Parts » Evaporators

Evaporators for 1972 Ford Torino

Find a car AC coil to fit your classic ride! Having trouble changing your vehicle? Click Here.
   Part Number  Product Name  Price  Buy Now 
 Evaporator Coil  10-6175 Evaporator Coil
GM & Ford *With Factory A/C & Harrison Coil

More Data...

$295.00 Buy Now 
 Displaying 1 to 1 (of 1 products)Result Pages:  1  
GET IT GOT IT GONE !!!!!!!
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-April-2017 at 3:39AM
up to model year 1976 might/should interchange but watch your hose connections, they may need to be swapped to match also

FWIW i'd take a hard look at the old hoses, it'd be a shame to get the system running to just chase weak links until it's all new
72 GT Ute

andrewok1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewok1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-April-2017 at 3:56AM
yes that's correct entire system needs to be new or a waste of money
Power Surge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Power Surge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-April-2017 at 7:02AM
I've got the evaporator core out of my 73 ranchero right now, up at work. I can get you pics and dimensions if you like.
Sal Mennella
73 GTS 351 CJ
75 Cougar XR7
73 Ranchero - 5.0 Coyote swap - in progress
Past Torinos - 72 Gran Torino, 75 Gran Torino, 75 Elite
TrueWest IMports View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrueWest IMports Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-April-2017 at 12:06PM
Thanks for the info. Power Surge, I appreciate your offer and look forward to seeing the evapoator unit.
"If you want to be loved, love others first."
Lama Zopa Rinpoche

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Power Surge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2017 at 12:52PM

Sal Mennella
73 GTS 351 CJ
75 Cougar XR7
TrueWest IMports View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrueWest IMports Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2017 at 5:11AM
Thanks Power Surge.
The pics are ideal.
I really appreciate you showing the measurements too.
Kind regards
"If you want to be loved, love others first."
Lama Zopa Rinpoche
andrewok1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewok1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2017 at 2:23PM
hey Power Surge your not that far from me here in Ocala ,,there is a fellow on the ranchero site from palm coastHE WORKING ON A 66 CHERO  as well small world ,if your looking for any parts for the 5.0 I have a computer and wiring harness out of a 1990 stang,also have fuel tank cell pump and all sounds like a neat project ,I have a 72 ranchero /ANDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Power Surge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2017 at 2:29PM
Originally posted by andrewok1 andrewok1 wrote:

hey Power Surge your not that far from me here in Ocala ,,there is a fellow on the ranchero site from palm coastHE WORKING ON A 66 CHERO  as well small world ,if your looking for any parts for the 5.0 I have a computer and wiring harness out of a 1990 stang,also have fuel tank cell pump and all sounds like a neat project ,I have a 72 ranchero /ANDY

Hey Andy...yeah, you're about 45 min from me. I always see a guy from Ocala selling Torino/Ranchero parts on craigslist. 

Thanks for the offer on the 5.0 parts....... but my 5.0 swap is the new Coyote engine, not the old pushrod motor Big smile
Sal Mennella
73 GTS 351 CJ
75 Cougar XR7
andrewok1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewok1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2017 at 6:17PM
okay doky, I am the one with parts ,yea just extra stuff from building my Ranchero ,we will have to get together what are put the motor in 73 ?
GranTorinoSport View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin of "The Org"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinoSport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-June-2017 at 10:12AM
For 72/73 there are two different types of evaporator cores that came in the Torino/Rancheros.

The common Ford one, and then the less common Harrison model (YK-1 style I think?).

I have a brand new Harrison model I bought erroneously. I'd be happy to part with it if anyone needs it.
Scott Eklund

Webmaster
lcabrera View Drop Down
Brand New Member
Brand New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lcabrera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-October-2017 at 8:38AM
Any way you think you could send me those pictures of the evap and dimensions? the photos are not viewable any longer. 
andrewok1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote andrewok1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-October-2017 at 10:24AM
Home » Online Catalog » Factory Parts » Factory Replacement Parts » Evaporators

Evaporators for 1972 Ford Torino

Find a car AC coil to fit your classic ride! Having trouble changing your vehicle? Click Here.
   Part Number  Product Name  Price  Buy Now 
 Evaporator Coil  10-6175 Evaporator Coil
GM & Ford *With Factory A/C & Harrison Coil

More Data...

$295.00 Buy Now 
 Displaying 1 to 1 (of 1 products)Result Pages:  1  

Edited by andrewok1 - 20-October-2017 at 10:25AM
 Post Reply Post Reply