The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

nss switch harness

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjbooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nss switch harness
    Posted: 08-June-2017 at 4:29PM
I have converted my column shift to a floor shift , I have also installed an aod trans , and I have used a ron francis aod plug and got that wired up into the harness, but I have no idea where the grey six prong plug(only five contacts) goes to make this work. can any of yu tell me where exactly does this harness wire into? its driving me crazy. Is there some
extended harness needed? where does that plug go? I know there were some posts abut this previously.
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-June-2017 at 4:45PM
i too swapped in a AOD and converted to a floor shift from a column shift in my car, i used the factory AOD plug from the van it took the AOD out of but had to test and wire it to my original column NSS connector.
 the column shift NSS plug is near the brake pedal, i just drilled a hole at the bottom of the drivers floor pan added a grommet in the hole to protect the wires and just hard wired it to the appropriate circuits IIRC two wires are for the NSS and two are for the backup lights in that connector...
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
tjbooker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjbooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-June-2017 at 4:50PM
I have it all wired into the harness but I don't know where to plug the ford original harness with the grey plug end into. it should be plug and play somewhere. I don't have toe column shift in there I took the floor shift column and put that in/ so basically ive wired everything to the harness where does the floor plug go?
tjbooker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjbooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-June-2017 at 4:50PM
you say near the brake pedal?
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-June-2017 at 5:29PM
yes the original column shift NSS connector is by the brake pedal up above the steering column shaft it's square should be hanging somewhere in that area
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
tjbooker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjbooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-June-2017 at 7:52PM
I will look there thank you!
 Post Reply Post Reply