The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Starsky & Hutch
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

S&H values could skyrocket

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: S&H values could skyrocket
    Posted: 01-September-2017 at 6:50AM
www.supermotors.net/22468
Yeah, It's a Hybrid...It burns gas and tires.

No matter how good she looks, somebody, somewhere, is tired of her sh*t.

Beauty is skin deep, ugliness goes clear to the bone.
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-September-2017 at 10:32AM
...But HOW will they ever make Starsky and Hutch P.C.????
The Torino will be replaced with a Tesla, painted is a soothing Earth Tone, re-charged using ONLY solar electricity...

"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-September-2017 at 11:52AM
Originally posted by Big Bird Big Bird wrote:

...But HOW will they ever make Starsky and Hutch P.C.????
The Torino will be replaced with a Tesla, painted is a soothing Earth Tone, re-charged using ONLY solar electricity...

easy, starsky and hutch will be "life partners" who are vegans, only eat gluten free organically raised foods while protestin free speech and capitalism.   LOL
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-September-2017 at 12:17PM
Starsky and Hutch protesting the police...
...But they ARE the police...
That would make some twisted plot lines.

Edited by Big Bird - 01-September-2017 at 12:19PM
Randy
1979 T-Bird
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-September-2017 at 1:31PM
I have a feeling they won't be using a Torino based on that description, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.  If they do, lets hope that they don't wreck as many as they did for the movie.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-September-2017 at 7:08AM
"This would NOT be a reboot or a remake, but a continuation of the original series...." that comment makes me think perhaps PMG & DS could be involved to allow for that continuation aspect and Starsky could have his beloved Gran Torino stored under a cover in his garage which could be peeled back and the Striped Tomato could come storming out into the light of day for the first time in decades ready for action! Their sons could be on the BCPD working their way up the ranks to becoming detectives with the help of their old men to become the new S&H with their dads helping them along the way??? Sounds a lot better than the 2004 movie!

Wouldn't hurt either to have something drive up the Tomato pricing again like the movie did! Let's keep our fingers crossed they can do the original justice this time!

Edited by TV 2M8O - 03-September-2017 at 7:20AM

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
1976 Gran Torino S&H season 2-4 Clone
Project Blog: http://tv2m8o.blogspot.com/
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-September-2017 at 10:34AM
Maybe their grandsons...
Randy
1979 T-Bird
GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-September-2017 at 3:40PM
I'll give it a chance, but I for one am not particularly excited about prices going up. Joe says that maybe Starsky and Hutch's sons could be the main characters this time - but in real life, it's the "old men" that still are the majority that owns these cars and if you want young people like me (I am not a millennial, I am in "generation Z", the generation after them - but include millennials in this anyway) to get into these cars, they must be at least relatively cheap to buy. We already can't buy the cars that go for entirely too much money at auction, so we're moving to the four doors and the six cylinder versions of those "golden era" vehicles. 

I don't know if you've ever seen Carl/Regul8r or MrSmog talking about all the people on Craigslist with junk in their backyards thinking that what they have is worth a ton of money. That will go up more too, and though a young enthusiast can still obtain one of these 72-79 cars pretty easily, they have to sort through the overpriced stuff. If you want young people to be into classic cars, assuming you do (at least, cars this old - they're already into 80s and 90s stuff, myself included), there must be cars that young people can easily purchase. I get a sense of pride when I see a young guy or girl driving one of these cars, knowing that a young person can get into one (and the hobby/passion as a whole) for pretty cheap. I feel no pride when I see one roll across an auction block. 

That said, if their sons are the main characters, it'd be cool if a couple of the original actresses who played women that S&H were "dating" during the original series would come back as moms. 
Griffin
1973 Gran Torino station wagon
1972 Gran Torino 4 Door
1971 Maverick 2 Door
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-September-2017 at 7:38PM
oh i agree griff! this whole t.v. auction and car building shows are ruining the classic car market!!!people see this crap on tv and think their junk is worth 10X as much Angry
i'm seeing this right now as i'm searching for my final car i plan to build in my lifetime...67 or 68 fastback mustang, people asking 19k or more for a roller (which is what i want...i prefer to build my car so it mine not just buy someone elses finished car) thats hacked up, rusted all to sh*t!!!
i do see some of the younger crowd getting into older cars yes many 4dr and wagons thats cool because they are different!! not your typical 65 mustang coupe or a chevelle that you see tons of at every show (i like them but just too common!!)
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-September-2017 at 2:49PM
yea I noticed the younger folks grabbin up 4 doors and trickin em out anyways. I think a lot of that is because 4 doors were more in fashion on the new car side of things as 2 doors were phased out when these kids were little. so they grew up with 4 doors as the norm for the most part as a stylish ride, where my generation (x) and older wanted nothin to do with a 4 door unless it was a full size and bigger then a aircraft carrier lol  I can tell when I talk to guys older then me most of the time, they have a disdain when I tell them I am into 73 Torinos, its a generational thing for the most part. GTW is right, its good these kids are messin with these cars even if the mods they do to them don't make much sense to us old farts lol   When I was in my teen years, I couldn't afford any decent 54-72 muscle car or even generic 2 door for the most part. Thats why I started to look at the oddball 73 and up cars. Lookin back I wish I had saved a few of the 78 and up cars I could have gotten for a steal. I still remember a near mint 79 2 door strippo sedan Fairmont i pulled into the junk yard I worked at that we bought for $50. If i had that car now, man the street machine I could build. So GTW, don't fret too much when us oldfarts ridicule the stuff kids are puttin together, just realize its just a generational thing and do what makes ya happy. its just us shakin our rakes tellin the kids to get off our lawns LOL
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-September-2017 at 2:56PM
A lot of the older 4 doors had more headroom than the 2 doors,
I always wanted to build a 68-74 Nova 4 door, because they were kind of a bulbous monstrosity and I thought it would be funny. Especially painted bright yellow or traffic-cone orange.
Had a bunch of 4 door Dodge Darts, 69, 71, 74... 318 was easy to make go fast.

Edited by Big Bird - 05-September-2017 at 2:58PM
Randy
1979 T-Bird
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-September-2017 at 4:15PM
I had a 68 bonneville 4 dr hdtp with a 428 that would haul some serious butt and a few fleetwood caddys over the years. Yea those 68-74 4 door novas were kind of funky lookin.
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-September-2017 at 7:50AM
i had a 69 More-Door Catalina 400-2V high compression (XY motor?)

Haha those bias ply's would squeal on dirt & ice!

once during a smoky burn-out i changed direction due to the crown in the road, throttle over-steer?

as far as another S&H movie i'll hold my breath, haven't seen the first one yet. i can't get over how these producers / 'originators' can't come up with an original idea to save their lives, now a star trek spoof? ... i don't need it

Fury Road ... WTF was that?

Lethal Weapon the series? 

a Gran Torino prequel might be cool if done well

72 GT Ute

Post Reply Post Reply