The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > The Welcome Mat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My first Torino - 1971 Torino Wagon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Brand New Member
Brand New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My first Torino - 1971 Torino Wagon
    Posted: 26-September-2017 at 6:44AM
Looking to by my first Torino and I don;t know much about what they are worth but I am after a wagon to cruise with the kids...

So I am curious of what this car is "worth" and I am looking to purchase this 1971 Ford Torino 500 Station Wagon. "It is loaded from the factory with an "M" code 351 Cleveland 4barrel engine, C6 automatic transmission, 9 inch rear, power steering, power disc brake, factory Air conditioning, and power rear window tailgate"

The owner is acting like this is a "RARE" Torino Wagon and I wanted to be a little more educated on the wagon... thanks in advance!!!

californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-September-2017 at 7:06AM
Welcome! Not sure on the price?
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
GranTorinoMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinoMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-September-2017 at 7:20AM
You don't see to many Torino Station Wagons around in that good of condition. You wouldn't need a lot to restore the car back to factory original that's for sure.  The AC would make it a little more rare but as performance parts go the 351C-4V is about all there is.   
mtburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-September-2017 at 8:58AM
Hello.

I have seen that car listed, but not in person.

The first thing to look at on these cars is the cowl, and as I look at the picture posted, I see the heater core is looped, so that is most likely a leaker and they by-passed it.

Replacing a heater core on one of these is about a 7.5 on the 1 - 10 PITA Factor scale.

From the pictures posted, I cannot tell if the cowl seam is "Fat" from rust swelling or not, but you should be able to take a good look up under the dash with a drop light to see if it is a mess in there or not.

As far as it being a "rare car", it may be, but only because the rest have all rusted away, not because it is special, well optioned, a CJ, or even having a manual transmission.

If you like that car and are interested in a wagon, take a look at the link below.

This one has been for sale for going on a year now. I originally posted the craigslist add here when the owner still had pictures up, but for comparison purposes this is a "Rare Car"

I would take a good look and compare the two, even if only to use it to negotiate a better price on this wagon.

It is a 1968 Montego MX wagon (same exact uni-body as the Torino), 40,xxx miles 390 4v "S" code with 4 speed, all factory, asking $8,800

https://annarbor.craigslist.org/cto/d/1968-mercury-montego-mx-wagon/6276410372.html

Thanks, Mike H.

Post Reply Post Reply