The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Powertrain Specific Forum > 335 Series Engine Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Streetmaster 400

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Streetmaster 400
    Posted: 01-November-2017 at 6:10PM
Anyone have experience with an Edelbrock 3170 Streetmaster 400? Just bought one from eBay. Going to mate it with a borrowed 600cfm summit carb for now.

Edited by goliver - 01-November-2017 at 6:11PM
Geary Oliver
Grand Coulee WA.
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2017 at 4:46AM
looking forward to hear how you like it Big smile

the 600 vacuum secondary carb is a good starting point, the open plenum of that intake makes carb selection / size more important than a split plenum manifold

do you know what your rear gear ratio is?

also, what type of gaskets are you planning to use? FWIW i wouldn't use the sheet metal turkey pan, i'd go with basic Mr Gasket paper gaskets and RTV on the 'china walls'

Edited by Rockatansky - 02-November-2017 at 4:48AM
72 GT Ute

72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2017 at 11:40AM

I'd also be interested in how that intake performs.  It's runners are quite a bit smaller looking than the Performer.  I wonder how the fuel economy will be.

I have no experience with this intake.  I have a 400 Performer and a Holley 670 on my 400 and I am happy with the results.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
goliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-December-2017 at 4:04PM
Family illness and a surgery of my own have put me in a holding pattern. I'm going to start a build thread as soon as I can.
Geary Oliver
Grand Coulee WA.
goliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-December-2017 at 4:05PM
Gears are 2.73 but not for long. I got a line on a 3.50 third member.
Geary Oliver
Grand Coulee WA.
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-December-2017 at 6:29PM
i know about the holding pattern thing, heal yourself take care of family & hopefully you'll be wrenching soon :)
72 GT Ute

Post Reply Post Reply