The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Powertrain Specific Forum > 335 Series Engine Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

351 Cleveland Spark Plugs?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldFinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2018 at 8:17AM
Originally posted by russosborne russosborne wrote:

Correct 351C thermostat.
http://www.tmeyerinc.com/product/high-flo-thermostat/
Russ

Mr. Gasket makes one of these part number 4365, I chose the 195 degree, is that correct? In addition, what's on the track boss website, the last two to three pictures of that brass circular plate, does not come with the thermostat with Mr. Gasket. But they look almost identical in regards to the thermostat itself between track boss and Mr. Gasket part number 4365
DARE to be DIFFERENT!!
       73 GTS
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2018 at 11:48AM
Yup the thermostat itself is exactly the same, it's the hat that controls coolant flow through the internal bypass that makes the difference. the brass plate is the bypass orifice that is supposed to be press fit into the block, not normally removed except by unknowing/caring machine shop guys and teknicul wizards that think they know better than Henry ... and a few guys that figure out what it's doing and make compensations for successful operation w/o the plate

does your engine have the brass plate installed under the thermostat?

next question when the Pertronix got installed who set the timing and to what?

base ignition timing has a lot to do with the engine wanting to run or die at idle,
changing from points to Pertronix does require setting the timing

72 GT Ute

GoldFinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldFinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2018 at 3:28PM
Don't know about the brass plate my goal is to check tomorrow. Was the 195 degree thermostat I got okay? If I remember correctly, it is the original equipment temperature temperature, but there are some that are 185 as well.

Originally posted by Rockatansky Rockatansky wrote:

Yup the thermostat itself is exactly the same, it's the hat that controls coolant flow through the internal bypass that makes the difference. the brass plate is the bypass orifice that is supposed to be press fit into the block, not normally removed except by unknowing/caring machine shop guys and teknicul wizards that think they know better than Henry ... and a few guys that figure out what it's doing and make compensations for successful operation w/o the plate

does your engine have the brass plate installed under the thermostat?

next question when the Pertronix got installed who set the timing and to what?

base ignition timing has a lot to do with the engine wanting to run or die at idle,
changing from points to Pertronix does require setting the timing

DARE to be DIFFERENT!!
       73 GTS
GoldFinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldFinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2018 at 3:29PM
The Pertronix ignitor was installed in a stock distributor before I bought the car.
DARE to be DIFFERENT!!
       73 GTS
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2018 at 3:31PM
OEM was 192

i doubt 3* will make a difference
72 GT Ute

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12