The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1977-1979 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1979 LTD II Dash

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevewarden0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1979 LTD II Dash
    Posted: 28-April-2018 at 2:17PM
Hi,

I just got myself a 79 LTD II, great condition - apart from the fact there are no seats - I have located some in a lovely shade of plum and mold - next I need to get them covered!!!!

However there is an issue with the dash, the fuel gauge works but nothing else (no high beam, oil, indicator etc...)! I have removed the dash/clocks and checked for voltage on the plug and that seems OK. I have looked at the regulator but not sure how to check it, I also noticed that the dash harness (the plastic/track) is tarneshed on the base where the regulator fixes - is there a way to clean that ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve
Steve
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-April-2018 at 1:54PM

Welcome to the forum.  It sounds like you found yourself a nice project car.  If you want to post pics and tell us your story, feel free to post in the Welcome Mat.

AS for your gauge cluster issues, what kind of shape is the printed circuit board in?  If that is what is tarnished (corroded?) that could be your problem.

This thread here has a ton of good info on the wiring that goes into those clusters.  It's worth a read to help diagnose the problem.

Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-April-2018 at 3:58PM
and there's a group buy for new printed circuits going on

Welcome!
72 GT Ute

stevewarden0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevewarden0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2018 at 11:10AM
Thanks for the replys...

It turns out someone at work has a scrap car on their farm, picked up the interior tonight and getting the dash tomorrow!

Still keeping the other dash - spares are spares!

Steve
Steve
foote500 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foote500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2018 at 11:28AM
I want that next-an LTD II.
Marc
German Shepherd Rescue
1967 Ford Fairlane 500, 390

72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2018 at 3:34AM
Nice score. You should post some pics of your car here or in the welcome mat area. We love pics here.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
 Post Reply Post Reply