The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Video Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MY 1972 GTS 4 SPEED PROJECT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SocalTorino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MY 1972 GTS 4 SPEED PROJECT
    Posted: 08-May-2018 at 4:15AM
1972 Gran Torino sport project. Just recently got it running, had been sitting in a shop for 10 years being turned into a “nascar clone” before I was able to rescue it by over paying lol
Marti report got it down to 1of1

Edited by 72FordGTS - 09-May-2018 at 10:07AM
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2018 at 10:24AM

Looks like an awesome project car and thanks for sharing the video.   The red Torino on the opening shot is my car!  That picture was taken about 10 years ago by a friend of mine. I guess they have made their way around the internet.  One minor constructive criticism on the video, the background music is a little loud when you are talking at the beginning.  It made it hard to hear what you were saying, but other than that it was a cool video.

Please keep us posted on your project.  Fee free to start a project thread, we all love to projects.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
SocalTorino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SocalTorino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2018 at 9:51AM
That’s awesome, sorry for using your picture, is it okay if I continue to use it? Your car looks awesome, that’s exactly how I would like my car to look.
Thanks for the advice, for some reason when I uploaded the video on you tube the music was louder compared to the editing software.
It’s going to need a ton of work, when I first saw the Torino, about 8 years ago it was a complete running project , but the owner wanted to turn it into a “nascar clone”. He Took most of the parts off of it, he finally gave up and sold it to me.
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2018 at 3:06PM
looks fairly solid, good project! Big smile
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2018 at 3:42PM
Originally posted by SocalTorino SocalTorino wrote:

That’s awesome, sorry for using your picture, is it okay if I continue to use it? Your car looks awesome, that’s exactly how I would like my car to look.
Thanks for the advice, for some reason when I uploaded the video on you tube the music was louder compared to the editing software.
It’s going to need a ton of work, when I first saw the Torino, about 8 years ago it was a complete running project , but the owner wanted to turn it into a “nascar clone”. He Took most of the parts off of it, he finally gave up and sold it to me.
It's all good on the photo, no worries at all! Use it all you want.  Thanks for the compliment on the car.  That was when it still had the stock 14x7 wheels and the blacked out grille.  I have since put it back to the OEM two tone grille and now run 15 x 8 wheels. 

I think this will be an awesome project car.  I'd love to see the Marti, if you're willing to post it.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
 Post Reply Post Reply