The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1977-1979 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

79 ranchero core support diagram

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rancheromac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 79 ranchero core support diagram
    Posted: 09-May-2018 at 3:24AM
It's been to long ago that I forget what mounts and brackets hold the new radiator.  Does anyone have the ford diagrams?
I need a diagram of mounting points.  Where do mounts go?  I took it apart years ago and bare core support and have all brackets/mounts, except rubbers that cushion radiator, if they used rubber on mounts?

thanks

Edited by 72FordGTS - 09-May-2018 at 10:03AM
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2018 at 10:14AM
Welcome to the forum!  Feel free to introduce yourself in the Welcome Mat.
I don't have a diagram to post, but there isn't too much to it.  The rad support sits on the rad support bushings.  There is a bushing that sits under the frame, one on top of the frame between the frame and the rad support and there is a washer on the top of the rad support with no bushing.
There are lots of pics of the bushing setup here:

The rad sits on two rubber insulators that go inside the rad support itself.  The top of the rad is held in place with two brackets with rubber insulators.

The upper brackets look like this:

Part numbers for all bushings including rad support is located here:

Edited by 72FordGTS - 09-May-2018 at 10:25AM
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2018 at 10:24AM
 welcome! yes just as vince stated above
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2018 at 12:12PM
72 GT Ute

rancheromac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rancheromac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2018 at 3:16AM
Originally posted by Rockatansky Rockatansky wrote:

Congrat's on Your Escape

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1977-78-79-ford-ranchero-Torino-radiator-hold-down-brackets/253568673185?hash=item3b09dee5a1:g:0HYAAOSww1Fa1rH-

great lead, I found the top , now just need the bottoms, again thanks for your help

Edited by 72FordGTS - 10-May-2018 at 4:09PM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rancheromac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2018 at 4:38AM
Originally posted by 72FordGTS 72FordGTS wrote:

Welcome to the forum!  Feel free to introduce yourself in the Welcome Mat.
I don't have a diagram to post, but there isn't too much to it.  The rad support sits on the rad support bushings.  There is a bushing that sits under the frame, one on top of the frame between the frame and the rad support and there is a washer on the top of the rad support with no bushing.
There are lots of pics of the bushing setup here:

The rad sits on two rubber insulators that go inside the rad support itself.  The top of the rad is held in place with two brackets with rubber insulators.

The upper brackets look like this:

Part numbers for all bushings including rad support is located here:

thanks for reply, I did order the top mounts per you link. I still need bottom mounts. I am currently installing core support mounts using the energy suspension. previous post of pics showing order and complete unit does not show using original spacers or washers ?  Do I just need to get the bolt and nut and not  use any of originals? thanks for any help

Edited by 72FordGTS - 10-May-2018 at 4:08PM
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2018 at 9:46AM
Save your original shims to use as needed....
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2018 at 11:12AM
need a part number

http://www.rearcounter.com/
72 GT Ute

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2018 at 5:34PM
so you need the lower rubber radiator pieces that go in the core support that the radiator sits on? i'll have to check i may have some???
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rancheromac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2018 at 1:32AM
thanks, I have the top coming from your lead. I took week off and now these 2 little pieces of rubber is holding back a lot. Of course when you do a swap from 351 to a 460, I have been delayed at each step. All drive train is out of a 78 Lincoln mark 5. I have got many parts from oem parts that is a great place, because he sells the parts with all brackets attached. I think I will call it Ranchero Mark V  thanks for your help !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2018 at 8:32AM
i've used folded up shop rags in a pinch
72 GT Ute

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rancheromac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2018 at 10:04AM
thanks for your info. This site is much more helpful than my other site. I am doing a full custom resto on a 79 Ranchero that entire drive train is from a 78 Mark 5. And by the way I did find the bottom mounts out of tbird, thanks again !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rancheromac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2018 at 10:07AM
found bottom mounting rubbers on ebay used but good. thanks for your help !!
 Post Reply Post Reply