The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Powertrain Specific Forum > Big Block Engine Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

429 engine mounts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1973gts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 429 engine mounts
    Posted: 14-May-2018 at 2:29PM
I am at the point in my rebuild where the body is off getting painted, frame is in my garage waiting for me to get working on it, and the engine is out at a local shop waiting to be gone through.  When I took the engine out I noticed the rubber on the mounts were beginning to separate from the metal.  I have read all the posts on using mounts from t-birds and the Crites mounts.  Since new ones aren't available I was wondering if anyone has had their mounts re-vulcanized.  I have located a few places online that do it and most of the reviews have been positive.  I will be contacting the companies this week to get more info but would like to know if anyone has any experience with this process.  thanks  
Dave - 1973 GTS N code
1973gts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1973gts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-August-2018 at 2:23PM
After checking around on companies that rebuild mounts I went with Damper Doctor out of Redding California.  Just got them back and they appear to have done a really nice job.  Turnaround was about 7-8 weeks.  Hope to have the engine back in a few weeks and will update upon putting it back in.Here are a couple of  photos of the mounts.
Dave - 1973 GTS N code
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-August-2018 at 6:25PM
looks great! do you know if they reinjected rubber or urethane in them???
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
1973gts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1973gts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-August-2018 at 7:14AM
I believe it's advertised as a high temp high strength silicone rubber compound.
Dave - 1973 GTS N code
 Post Reply Post Reply