The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

REPOP WISH LIST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travis91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2019 at 2:16AM
Yeah i will hold onto it. I would like to see them come to the reproduction market. I called autokrafters the other day and they told me to try calling hemmings motor news. If im not able to get in contact with someone that would be able to make a mold from it i will put it up for sale on here. Even though its cut at the top it would be better for someone out there looking for a grille that doesnt have one or in worse shape.
texanrebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texanrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-October-2019 at 3:29AM
I know it's an older thread, but would like to add the following for the step-brother Montego's:

Wheel mouldings, both front and rear
Steering wheel center cap "Lincoln/Mercury Montego"
Rear Tail light gasket - part #D2GY-13461A / B
Link assembly for rear sway bar - part #D20Z-5K484A
1972 Montego GT
1977 Mercury Monarch
1988 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-October-2019 at 7:16AM
Any update on new repop parts Joe?
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-October-2019 at 8:27AM
Shoulder belts and retracts would be sweet. Not sure if it already was asked about somewhere else.
The Torino Kid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Torino Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-October-2019 at 4:26PM
1)72-73 tail lamp buckets with the bulb sockets and wiring.
2) molded one piece headliner
3) 73 rear license plate/fuel door replacement in "metal" not the plastic o.e
4)center console kits
5) front grilles for 72-73
6)Sport Grille and trunk emblems kits
7)cowl repair panels

would be my suggestions.

1973 Gran Torino Sport CJ 351

'Q' code 63R body
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-October-2019 at 7:57AM
When I first reached out to Ron, here was his reply....

"send a list of items and I will review them and pass them along to my sources if I think they merit it. Keep in mind that most items reproduced require 10s-100s thousands of dollars up front for tooling and then minimum production runs of 500-2500 (prepaid) and then annual sales of that amount for 3-5 years to justify the tooling expense. With that being said send me a list and I will check it out."

After watching this thread for a while, here is what I sent to him...

"here is a partial list of items the Gran Torino Sport forum would love to see reproduced....

72-76 wheel opening moldings
72-76 rocker moldings
74-76 rear qtr panel lower moldings
72-76 latch pillar qtr window seal (2dr)
72-76 door panels & rear seat trim panels with correct burlwood accent insert
bumper guard pads (were used across the entire Ford product line throughout the 70's)
floor console lids (also used on several '70s era models)
rocker molding clips (pn C9WY-6510182-A - there are being repopped by someone for West Coast Classic Cougars)

There were other suggestions for year specific parts and 4 door and wagon parts but I think the ones noted above would be excellent candidates for reproduction and would sell pretty well. Some were used on other Ford products besides the Torino for several years.

I look forward to your thoughts on the supplied list. I'm sure if there are any listed above that would require a sample for duplication, members would surely supply them to get new pieces in the works!"

As yet I've not heard anything back from him, but I will reach out and see what his thoughts on this list are and advise...

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
1976 Gran Torino S&H season 2-4 Clone
Project Blog: http://tv2m8o.blogspot.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12