The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Auto Body Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

scraped the stripe ouch!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: scraped the stripe ouch!!!!
    Posted: 25-June-2018 at 11:46PM
HI all
my 72 GTS has arrive here in OZ all good man i can see why you guys love these things
i am totally in love !!! only problem ATM is she got a scrape coming in or out of the shipping container so the stripe (blue) on the drivers door is damaged is there anywhere in that i can but just this part of the stripe or do I have to buy the whole set and if so who is the best place to buy from 
thanks heaps 
will keep up to date with my doings 
first is new cab and intake and true trac and gearing it down 
all fun and loving the new beast got to be able to be faster than my wifes Ba Falcon XR8 Boss
got a bit of work ahead of me thats for sure
thanks
Dave
tommy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-June-2018 at 11:49PM
wow my spelling is terrible (meant Carb not Cab )my apologies i will try harder next post !!!
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2018 at 4:44AM
72 GT Ute

papa scoops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa scoops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2018 at 7:27AM
even if you can find a single part of the stripe, I recommend replacing the entire side. not only do the stripes fade, the also are made in different batches and the colors may be slightly off. if it is reflective, it will even be farther off. depending on how big the scratch is, you might be able to "fix it" with a permanent marker. find the closest color to that area. if it is really thin, like a key scratch, you can fill it in with a crayolla crayon. get the 64 color pack. phred
phred
picon3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2018 at 9:11AM
Originally posted by papa scoops papa scoops wrote:

even if you can find a single part of the stripe, I recommend replacing the entire side. not only do the stripes fade, the also are made in different batches and the colors may be slightly off. if it is reflective, it will even be farther off. depending on how big the scratch is, you might be able to "fix it" with a permanent marker. find the closest color to that area. if it is really thin, like a key scratch, you can fill it in with a crayolla crayon. get the 64 color pack. phred
Agreed on the buying the entire side.  I tried just buying the piece I needed and it was a "no go" and ended up buying the whole side anyway.  Wink Paul~
1972 GTS 351CJ-4V black/black
tommy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2018 at 8:49PM
Thanks guys
i shall buy the whole side 
which supplier sells just the one side I have emailed phoenix no reply just yet
any others?
Rockatansky the BA XR8 is a great burn out machine !!!

72GTS351CJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72GTS351CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2018 at 2:29AM
Phoenix is never in a rush for anyone. But definitely worth the wait
72GTS Clint Eastwood Special                                     
 Post Reply Post Reply