The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1977-1979 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1979 LTD II Headers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevewarden0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1979 LTD II Headers
    Posted: 14-July-2018 at 3:23AM
Hi, I have searched the forum and seem to be having little luck with finding the info I need!

The car is a 1979 LTD II with a 351w, while I am swapping out the engine and gearbox mounts I thought it would be a good time to put some headers on.... Here is the problem what headers will fit? I have been a offered a new set (headman 88360) for $180 (79 Fairmont, 79 Mustang, 79 Capri and 79 Zepher) - will these fit?

There is another question (sorry) the alternator was swapped out before I got the vehicle - there is only a single wire leaving it (direct to battery) subsequently I have no charge (gen) light on the dash - has anybody got a clue which wire to reconnect? just as a note there is a connector that used to go to the regulator (disconected), I was thinking of stripping the wiring back and removing the excess, but I want to be carefull - the car was a mess when I got it and I removed 60 feet of added wire from the vehicle) flame thrower, amplifier, wires shorting everywhere (battery would go flat every couple of days) this made no change to the Gen light - still have electrical issues though - working through them slowly...

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Edited by stevewarden0 - 14-July-2018 at 1:34PM
Steve
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-July-2018 at 1:49PM
Steve,

check out this thread:

There are several listings for 351W headers that will work.  Remember the '72-79 cars have the same chassis, so the Torino headers will work on your car. 
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
stevewarden0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevewarden0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-July-2018 at 2:08PM
Thanks for the reply,

Never realised the Gran Torino was the same - first (and only) LTD II I ever saw I bought...

Still repairing many many faults!!!!

Steve
Steve
 Post Reply Post Reply