The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Cannot fill my gas tank 72 GTS factory original
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cannot fill my gas tank 72 GTS factory original

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordismyboss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2019 at 3:46AM
Thank you! I'll see if I can find these parts.
fordismyboss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordismyboss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2019 at 3:51AM
Originally posted by 72RogerGT 72RogerGT wrote:

Found it the part is made by Dorman #911-060 I also bought the seal here you can see some of the parts I used.

Looks like the lock ring is F5TZ-98076-AA, and the seal is E1AZ-9072-B, correct?
72RogerGT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72RogerGT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2019 at 11:37AM
Actually F5TZ-9B076-AA is the vapor valve seal. It goes for 10 dlls on Amazon.
fordismyboss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordismyboss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2019 at 12:13PM
Solved!

There are two dents in the bottom of my tank. They are not too bad and kind of hard to see. My guess is they were worse when the hit occured but then relaxed after the impact. The impact must have bent the pick-up tube and float sensor upward. I removed the new sender, placed my old sender back into the hole in the tank and I could tell by tilting the sender the pick-up tube was not resting on the bottom of the tank. So, I bent the tube down until it just touched the bottom (the fuel float sensor mounts on the tube) and reinstalled the old sender. Now the needle on the gauge sweeps to full and all seems well. I'll know for sure next time I fill up!
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2019 at 3:42PM
Clap
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12