The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Body side molding clip style and placement.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gold73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Body side molding clip style and placement.
    Posted: 08-August-2018 at 2:00PM
Does anyone have photos of a 73 GTS with the lower door,fender and quarter panel wide trim removed for painting? If so are all trim pieces attached with the center stud metal type mounting clips? The reason I ask is I bought a rust free replacement door and it has two rows of small pins mounted to the door skin for small plastic clips to mount too and holes in the front and rear edge of door for center stud type mounting clips. If so how do you install pins for plastic clips. Wow what a mouth full of questions! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-August-2018 at 6:54PM
i know the fenders have 4 holes for the bolt on clips, i believe the doors have holes at the ends and welded on nail head looking studs for the plastic clips in the center of the door? Malcolm would know! he has that style molding on his car Wink i believe they could be spot welded on with like one of those stud gun dent puller things??? IDK but i'll need to weld on a bunch of those nail head thing when i get to that point on my mustang as the new metal doesn't have them for the front or rear window trim Confused
 the 74-76 cars that have the low rocker trim have pop rivets that hold the plastic clips on... that's an option but if they had the nail heads i'd try to have them welded back on
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
 Post Reply Post Reply