The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > The Welcome Mat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brand New

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juthagreathe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brand New
    Posted: 12-August-2018 at 12:18AM
Hello, my name is Dean. I'm pleased to have found this group.

I, only through the wisdom and patience of my father, now have a '70 429 Cobra Jet in my own garage.

I am not a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination but I'm good at research, smart enough to know the power asking lots of asking lots of dumb questions, and highly motivated, but not rich or in a rush. This car has been in the family for 44 years.

Glad to be here!
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2018 at 12:01AM
Hi Dean, welcome to the forum!  Sounds like you have a pretty nice Torino in your garage thanks to your dad. Tell us some of the family history on this car, it sounds like it'd be interesting.
We'd love to see some pics of the car.  Here's a how to on posting photos if you need help:

Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
chuxster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuxster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2018 at 2:19AM
Welcome Dean! Looking forward to pictures of your ride
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2018 at 2:58AM
welcome!!
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Juthagreathe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juthagreathe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2018 at 3:25AM
Thank you for the warm welcome. It's a project car, and I have a TON to learn. Being able to visit here, and read, read, read! will be incredibly helpful over the next several years. I'll share a couple of pictures soon. Thanks again.
Juthagreathe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juthagreathe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2018 at 10:14AM
My father bought this in 1976 for not much at all. He worked on it until we moved and it was stored in the new garage. He got it running and I drove it quite a bit in 1986. He had stored it since. Last month I was able to bring it to my garage and I'm excited to work on it as knowledge and money allows.
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2018 at 1:08PM
Wow, looks like a great project car.  Love the colour, very 1970. My car was originally my dad's too, so I can understand the sentimental value that holds.   This will be a project of a lifetime.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
 Post Reply Post Reply