The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

base model seat upholstery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: base model seat upholstery
    Posted: 23-November-2018 at 2:02PM
does anyone reproduce the base model seat upholstery? I noticed the small dreaded split on my drivers set a couple months back.I sit on a small but firm cushion now to try and displace my weight so it doesn't get worse. I know on my maverick which seemed to have the same material, once it started to split, it was a goner and would continue to split farther and farther apart. This is on my 73 base model car in med blue. I can't recall havin seen a kit for the base interior before but thought maybe I just missed it.
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2018 at 2:55AM
Have you checked SMS upholstery?  They have NOS upholstery that was originally used by OEM.  If you can find out the upholstery code for your car (there is a book similar to the Dupont paint book), you can contact them and see if you can get some.  Otherwise, I don't think it is reproduced.

I will do some digging and see if I can find the code for your upholstery.  Do you have a pic of it?
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2018 at 12:54PM
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-November-2018 at 1:23PM
I checked my color and upholstery guide, but it doesn't give the upholstery codes in there, just the Ford interior code.  I am not sure if you can find them online. 
Is you interior code AA?  You could try contacting SMS directly to see if they can find your upholstery based on the factory code.

Edited by 72FordGTS - 25-November-2018 at 1:24PM
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
 Post Reply Post Reply