The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > The Welcome Mat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Introduction to site

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Vegasmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Introduction to site
    Posted: 13-February-2019 at 3:02PM
Hello guys and gals.
OK I have a 73 Grand Torino Sport "Q" Code red buckets 4-speed loaded..
my wife & I bought one in 1973, but different color and options. Loved the car then and still admire the looks.
OK feel free with suggestions. It is a running driving car nice interior all original numbers matching low miles and has never had a wrench on it.
So, what do I want to do with it? Well I would like more power and torque and EFI to make it dependable and better all round.
My options would be to up grade the heads, cam, headers and just freshen up the current engine and that's it. This is the cheapest route to take. Or maybe a 408 Stroker kit, roller cam and rockers and Aluminum heads and efi. Cost now to do engine right approx. 5500-7500 or so. Or just make it a real nice car and unique
by dropping in a 2017 Mustang Coyote 5.0L Engine and six speed transmission with all the late model stuff. 8000 to $12,000 with the Roush Supercharger. WOW that would be neat.
Or just sell it and buy something else? I have the skills to do any of these options. Suggestions Please.

Edited by Mr.Vegasmax - 13-February-2019 at 3:16PM
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2019 at 3:06PM
Welcome. You have a rare bird indeed. How about some pics please?
Mr.Vegasmax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Vegasmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2019 at 3:17PM
Still trying to no luck yet
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2019 at 5:39PM
welcome! you'll need to be upgraded from "brand" to just "new member" to be able to post pics vince will upgrade you soon as he sees your post here.
 well you could do the stroker, add a efi retro fit like holley and add a centrifugal blower like torqstorm,vortex,or procharger and have all that you want without a full on computer nightmare Wink
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2019 at 11:46PM
Welcome to the forum!  I have updated you to a new member so you can post photos now. If you need help, there is a how to thread here:

On updating your car, I'd stick with the Cleveland over going to a newer drivetrain.  It will be way less money and no custom fabrication would be required, since a Coyote isn't a bolt in swap.  There are a few guys on this site that are very knowledgeable about Clevelands, like Rockatansky, so maybe they'll chime in on decent upgrades.  I know a few guys have done stroker kits with good results too.

If it were me, I'd do a stroker kit, decent roller cam, FPA headers, and maybe heads too.  That'd really wake up the motor.  You could also consider doing a 5-speed Tremec swap if you want OD, or you could add a Gear Vendors OD to your 4-speed.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-February-2019 at 11:58AM
Quit holding out.😆😉
 Post Reply Post Reply