The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fuel pump

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markb73gtorino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2019 at 3:54PM
Thanks , I will
Markb73gtorino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markb73gtorino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2019 at 11:35PM
Found an EGR plate gasket on rock auto, thanks for the advice. As soon as I knew what to call the EGR plate gasket I was able to find one.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markb73gtorino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-April-2019 at 9:33AM
Ok,
Found the real issue with the spacer and the EGR. Please see photos. O'Reilly's could.not help. This one is partially burned up. Not sure what the correct name is to search it out. Any advice would be great for my 351C.
Marl
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-April-2019 at 9:50AM
she gone

tap the hole in the cast iron intake for a pipe plug and either find a 2bbl spacer or repair that one.

get the cavity clean and fill the base with epoxy and file & sand flat, then cut off the extension and tap those holes for pipe plugs also. use teflon tape to seal all the plugs and assemble.

if you look for a new spacer plate be aware of this issue
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1088226-where-to-find-phenolic-spacer-plate.html

maybe some help here

this is the plate mentioned in the tlink above, i'm not saying it seals completely but i think the OP is?
www.summitracing.com/parts/trd-2137

Edited by Rockatansky - 27-April-2019 at 10:04AM
72 GT Ute

Notmikeb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Notmikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-April-2019 at 12:28PM
I’ve got an egr spacer I’m not using. Sent you a PM
-1973 Gran Torino Sport 351C 2V
-2013 F150 XLT Ecoboost
-2014 Flex SEL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markb73gtorino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2019 at 1:30AM
Thanks for the info. So if I attempt repair the epoxy fills the burned out area. Not clear on what to drill out. It appears to me that a pathway for the exhaust to follow is key.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12