The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HEATER/ac CONTROLS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zjosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HEATER/ac CONTROLS
    Posted: 22-April-2019 at 7:49AM
Does any one why the 1974 Heater AC controls will not fit into 1975 dash? There seems to be a different space in the center bottom of the unit???
Regul8r 2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2019 at 1:36PM
should fit. same
Carl, Member/Admin since 07. Still the same admin/moderator REGUL8R just needed a 2nd account for more picture space.
Owner- www.CaNDeCustoms.com
zjosh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zjosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2019 at 1:03AM
That's what I thought. But it does not seem to be the same in the middle bottom of the unit. So it will not go in. Has anyone experienced this or am I doing it wrong?
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2019 at 1:57AM
Are you from Blackstone Mass.?
gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2019 at 3:09AM
Originally posted by zjosh zjosh wrote:

That's what I thought. But it does not seem to be the same in the middle bottom of the unit. So it will not go in. Has anyone experienced this or am I doing it wrong?

You might want to post some photos of what you have to make sure it's the correct part. I know Ebay and other sites advertise things that are not what they really are all the time.

Just a thought. Good luck none the less! 
Carlos....1975 Gran Torino Squire Station Wagon restored to look like a 1973 Torino Station

Wagon my Dad bought new from McAnary Ford on June 6, 1973 in Gary,Indiana
zjosh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zjosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2019 at 10:41AM
Yes I am. Why do you ask?
zjosh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zjosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2019 at 10:55AM
zjosh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zjosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2019 at 10:59AM
IF YOU LOOK AT THE BOTTOM PIC IT HAS A CUT OUT IN THE MIDDLE BOTTOM AND THE TOP PIC DOES NOT.

THESE CAME FROM A 74 AND 75 TORINO.

I DOUBLED CHECKED TODAY AND THE DASH NEEDS THAT CUT OUT TO FIT.
gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2019 at 11:23AM
I just double checked my 75 wagon and it looks exactly like your bottom photo...hopefully trimming that and you should be back in business. 
Carlos....1975 Gran Torino Squire Station Wagon restored to look like a 1973 Torino Station

Wagon my Dad bought new from McAnary Ford on June 6, 1973 in Gary,Indiana
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2019 at 11:28AM
Dremel comes in handy for the finess cutting.
 Post Reply Post Reply